chapter 10: The decision

After the first target, I want to confront Edward about never telling me this and I hope to find answers about what my target was going to say.

Arriving at his home, I spot a argument going on.

Edward:" WHAT THE HELL BIRCH!! A TEMPLAR.

If it werent for jenny would you even have TOLD ME."

Man: "sir calm down I dont intend on harming you I only needed a place to saty you have to understand"

Edward: "GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE!!NOW!!"

Edward pulls his dagger and attempts thresten the man, which he succeeds with the man scurrying off.

"What was that about". "Nothing much the damned man was a templar—"

"About that, when the hell were you planning on telling me about your scheme"

"What are you talking about" edward suspensfully says in a slow voice

"Don't play dumb. Have you forgotten the major part in your story"

"Look boy that's none of your business have you finished your mission"

"FOR WHAT! WHAT PRICE!WHAT GOAL. YOUR JUST AS BAD AS THEY ARE YOU WANT THE POWER FOR YOURSELVES, THIS ISNT TO KEEP THE PEOPLE SAFE. THIS IS FOR FEAR. TO LET THEM KNOW THAT WHATEVER THEY DO WRONG, THEY'LL BE PUNISHED. THE WHOLE WORLD KNOWS ABOUT YOUR FIGHT AND YOUR CAUSE. I MAY HAVE JUST BEEN TO BLIND TO SEE IT.......IF YOU WOULD KILL PEOPLE JUST AS VIAL AS YOU, IMAGINE WHAT YOULL DO TO THEM!!"

" NOW YOU LISTEN HERE CHILD. YOU SHOULDNT POKE YOUR NOSE IN THINGS THAT YOU ARENT SURE ABOUT. NOW I SUGGEST YOU LEAVE NOW BEFORE I HAVE TO MAKE YOU....LEAVE MY HOME ..NOW!!"

"NO" I say with a more fluid voice.

"Guards!!!"

I cannot let them regain control. This is wrong what they're doing and they know it. Edwards guards pursue me. I didn't have time to count but by a glance I think there was about 6 or 7, still too many to fight.

Jumping off the balcony as fast as I can. I almost fall into a civilians shopping bag. I make a left turn seeing more guards ahead of me and I quickly dart away.

I spot a local bar where I can blend in.

Once I'm there, I drink a glass of rum for a quick resting drink. I am old enough now, but I still wouldn't care, because I really needed it at that moment.

Across from me there is a familiar face there. I ask if I knew him, his response....BIRCH.

I know that this exiles me from the brotherhood and I honestly am not in the mood to fight as long as he remains hostile. We actually share a bottle of whiskey.

"So..Edward had some trouble with you too."

"Yes. He has"

"Figured that"

"Your his enemy in arms, of course"

"Yeah.. I know. He has a bounty after you now"

"How do you know"

"Look over there"

There are two guards holding a quickly painted poster with my face on it

"I can't let either of your factions win"

"I understand, I don't want to be a templar, but here I am"

"Then why did you become one?"

"See...its like this.

You give man a goal or a loss or sacrifice, then that man will stick to it. But..in order to lose you must have something to lose in the first place. I want to rule, to control, but there wasn't enough devotees or people with things around them. So, in order to win a war, you need, an army. No one wanted to. I found out about the templar cause and how skilled the assassins were, and I instantly knew they were going to win. I can't let them, if they gain control there is no one left to stop them, but....your stronger than the rest, faster, smarter. Only you and you leading an army can maintain the power. See, you, have a good heart and I know you'll do what's right, so here's what you do. Get your fleet to join in the fight for you faction. I'm already with you so you have a co-leader. But...... You'll have to finish one task to start anything...KILL EDWARD"

I don't know how I should answer to this. Its all too fast. But its the only way to win freedom...by taking out both factions. I have only one choice

"I will do it"