Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Krystle's POV:

I was with Alex while she was with some guy, her next prey for the night I would assume. I kind of spaced out after a while, I was thinking about Ethan again. I couldn't help but think he was flirting with me. I mean... the signs were there weren't they?

No, I was probably just imagining it. I doubt he even thinks of me in that way. Who would ever want me? I'm just some blue hair-blue eyed freak, everyone knows it.

Anyways, after a while of spacing out and doing nothing I felt a hand on my arm pulling me away from Alex. I looked up hurriedly, getting slightly nervous. I mean come on, who wouldn't get a little nervous if someone randomly pulls you away?

I felt those all-too-familiar tingles run up my arm, the arm this person was grabbing, and I looked up to see, the one and only, Ethan Abhay. Ugh, even his name is sexy. Wait, how can a name be sexy? Man I've got problems...

When I was trying to look at him in the midst of the arm pulling I realized that he looked really on edge and... kind of protective. I laughed. Nah, I'm just really bad at reading people.

"Hey, is everything alright?" I said. He was still pulling me away, his grip was strong but it didn't hurt or anything. Those little tingles just wouldn't go away and I felt butterflies in my stomach. He was touching me roughly yet still gentle, kind of like the way you would hold a loved one... having the need to protect them but not wanting to hurt them.

"Yeah everything's fine," he said. He didn't look me in my eyes, actually he was avoiding them, looking anywhere but at my face. He was lying to me. "Don't lie to me, Ethan." Woah, when did I suddenly get the courage to talk freely? I couldn't help it though, I wanted to know the truth.

He stopped and looked me in the eyes before taking his palms to his eyes and rubbing, I've noticed it's his way of relieving stress or tension.

"What's going on?" I said, suddenly getting more courage and grabbing his arm lightly. He brought his head back up before looking around near the direction of the party.

"I can't tell you, but I need to keep you safe. I need to keep everyone safe. I need you to trust me on this," he said, taking his palms and holding my face in his hands.

I stared at him for a while before nodding slightly. He took my hand again and lead me into the woods. After a couple minutes we ended up near this... thing. It was like a large room, maybe a cave, it had bars for the door and was hidden inside a slight hill of rock and green vines.

"Ethan?" I said getting slightly nervous. What is going on right now? What the heck is this place? It looks like a hideout but it also looks like an old dungeon.

"It's alright, trust me. I have other people getting everyone together, they're all coming here and you guys need to stay in this place until I come back and get you, okay?"

I was speechless, I trust him for some stupid, idiotic reason, but what the hell is happening?

"I... I..." I couldn't speak. My mouth would try to talk but nothing came out. What should I do in a situation like this? I know, at least I think I know, that he'd never hurt me. But this is all really confusing.

"Krystal, there is something real serious that is about to happen. I need you to say you understand," Ethan said, pleading with his eyes. He looked really desperate to... keep me safe? No, he probably just wanted everyone here to be safe.

"I-I unders-stand," I stuttered. People were starting to enter the room... thing... whatever it is. I looked around, trying to find Alex and succeeding. She was with her drunk prey of the night wobbling towards me. Once everyone was in I looked back at Ethan.