The Shadow War Part I: The Night of De Spell

At the marina, the boys were helping bringing in some boxes full of their stuff. They were carrying a large box that had fragile items inside. Huey and Dewey we're struggling to carry it while Louie just had his finger on it. "Louie, pull your weight!" Huey shouted. "Um, I'm stabilizing. Grunts lift. Leaders stabilize." Louie said. Webby quickly ran over to them and helped them carelessly put the box on the houseboat, the items inside breaking.

"Ahh, life on a boat, huh? The lively rocking of the waves, sleeping next to a dangerous boiler, and what's that? A longshoreman cursing? Fun!" Webby said. "Anything's better than the mansion with that selfish old miser." Dewey said with his arms crossed. "Aw, that's not fair. Scrooge isn't that old and selfish." All three triplets tilted their heads at Webby while giving her a questioning look. "Okay, but in the most lovable way!" Webby said.

They got on the boat as Donald approached them. "Home sweet home, huh?" Donald asked. Huey and Louie just looked away. Donald then pulled out a tray that had small, disgusting fish on top of some crackers. "Um, I got snacks!" Donald said. He presented it to the kids. Webby stared down at the snacks before looking up at Donald. He moved his shoulders up and down I anticipation. Webby nervously smiled as she grabbed one and put it in her mouth. She couldn't swallow it down due to the taste, but she gave Donald a thumbs up.

"Wait... where's Dewey!?" Donald asked. He was about to run off when he spotted Dewey sitting down on some stairs. "Nope. Right here. Not stealing the boat." Dewey said. "Oh!" Donald said, surprised. "Yep. Back to the good ol' days. Woo-woo." Dewey said with no joy as he put on a life vest. "Woo!" Huey and Louie followed with the same tone. Webby only spit out her snack.

"And... Charlotte?" Donald asked. "Back to where she was before." Huey answered. Donald took a peek inside to find Charlotte lying on the same spot she was at from the beginning. Charlotte kept her face hidden as she let her tears freely flow down her face. I'm such an idiot! Why did I speak!? They were right all along! I'm such a failure! A disappointment! I bet they don't want me in this family anymore!

At the outskirts of the mansion, Magica was making her way to the gates of the mansion, still possessing Lena's body. "Big day, Magica. Real big day. The eclipse is at hand, my plan is flawless." She suddenly groaned as she was puked out of Lena's body. "Let me go!" Lena shouted as she tried to escape, but Magica's shadowy body clung onto her. "Oh, that's right. I forgot you were here." Magica said. "I won't let you do this!" Lena said. "Yeah, uh-huh. Oh, except at the moment of the eclipse, my powers will finally unleash, and I'll be an invincible juggernaut of dark magic! So, you know..." Magica then possessed Lena's body once more.

"Now that you've gained the trust of Scrooge's brats, I can use your body to get inside the house." Magica pulled out a vial filled with a purple liquid. "Then I'll weaken Scrooge with this, snatch the Number One Dime at the height of the eclipse, unleash my full power, and use it to destroy everything Scrooge has ever loved!" Magica cackled evilly until she was knocked down by a limo driving by, creating a harsh wind.

The limo swerved until it stopped in front of the gates. Launchpad, who was driving the limo, presses a button on the intercom. "Howdy, Mr. McD! Don't worry, I'm not here to check on you on account of everyone moving out, because the boys blame you for launching their mom to space and orphaning them. I'm here to take you out for ice cream! Mmm, sounds good, right? Family crisis... I mean, ice cream!" Launchpad said. "Go away." Scrooge requested depressingly.

"Out!? Moved!? Ice cream!? Without those kids to to let me in, how am I supposed to get my evil, evil vengeance!?" Magica asked in anger until she calmed down. "No. I will defeat Scrooge McDuck. I am the dark shadow lying in wait. I am the stuff of nightmares lurking in the hidden recesses of your mind! I am-!" Magica screamed as she moved out of the way before she could get crushed by the limo, which was reversing and driving away.