Reality

Y/N's pov

I flung my eyes open and jolted upright. It was the worst nightmare ever! My chest heaved up and down. My full body was covered in sweat. I sat on my bed. The morning light was however unusually gloomy. Something didn't feet right. I wanted Taehyung. His presence would drive away this uneasiness in me.

As I was about to call him, someone opened the door of my room. It was Jisoo. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, since I live with my room-mate, Yura unnie. And she is hardly ever home.

"Hi, you are awake?", Jisoo's voice was not charming like usual.

"Yes. Was I that much drunk yesternight?" I messaged my aching forehead.

Her eyes widened hearing me, "Do-don't you re-remember anything??"

"What will I remember? It was our farewell party, right?"

"Y/N.. I.... T-Tae—"

Suddenly I could no longer feel the warmth in me. "Taehyung WHAT??! Why do you sound shaky??HE IS ALRIGHT, RIGHT??!!"

Jisoo looked away from me as tears streamed down her cheeks. My full body was shaking. "WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR! ANSWER ME!"

She ran towards me and hugged me tightly as she broke down into tears, "Y/N, he committed suicide last night."

I sat on my bed like a lifeless doll, "No, this can't be true... it- it was just a nightmare. This can't be happening in reality .... He just can't disappear like that..."

Jungkook's pov

I stood there like a statue, watching my friend buried deep down into an eternal sleep. Jin, Yoongi, Jimin, Hoseok, Namjoon, Lisa and other batchmates and professors were also present. I spotted Y/N accompanied by Jisoo.

She looked so pale. It broke my heart so see my friend like this. I wished I had reached them a bit earlier, then perhaps I could have saved Tae too. Then this day would have never come in our lives. They could live as happy couples forever. I felt myself responsible for this, I felt too much guilty. But I couldn't turn back time, could I?

The priest called us one by one to pray for his peace in afterlife.

[a/n: I don't know much about this burying ritual. I just have this knowledge from western movies and other stories. Since I am a south-east Asian.]

Jimin was the first one, "Why did you do this? We could have solved your problem, if you had told us..." his voice broke. So, he quickly ran away from that place.

One by one everyone approached and prayed. Even Namjoon, whom I had never seen crying in my life, had overflowing eyes. "Our gang will always remain empty without you. You will remain in our heart forever." He choked back a sob and left.

Finally, it was my turn. I approached him with slow steps. "Please stay happy wherever you are." I sniffled, "And also don't worry for Y/N. I have promised you to take care of her. I will not let you down."

Flashback

I had safely placed Y/N in the medical unit. Now, I locked myself in the washroom counter. I could not hold any longer. I gave myself to crying. I don't think I had cried this hard in my life before.

He was my oldest friend in the group

He was my oldest friend in the group. We were friends since elementary school. There was nothing we hid from each other. I was the first one to know he liked Y/N. I was also the one to help him confess. Then what had happened that he killed himself? Why couldn't he share it with me? When did he become so distant? I felt guilty for not being the best friend. I should have understood his pain from his actions. What bothered him so much? Taehyung, I miss you!

I was startled when my phone vibrated in my pocket. It was Jimin. "Principal wants to talk to you." He texted.

I went out of the counter and washed my hand in the basin when,

"Jungkookie?"

I turned back in surprise, "TAE! You're alive!" I ran to hug him. But I was unable to touch his body.

"No. I am not." He spoke in a husky voice.

"This is false! Just give me a slap and say that I am again sleeping during the lectures!" I cried.

"Face the reality, kook."

More tears streamed down my cheeks. "Why? Since when did we become so distant??"

"I wish I can tell you... but I have very less time left. Since you are my best friend, I trust you the most .Please take care of my Y/N. She can't handle this alone..."

He slowly faded with those words. His smiling face was the last thing to disappear. I fell on my knees, crying hard. "I will.... I promise I will take care of her."

Present

I was the one to take her home last night. She was still unconscious. Since I just couldn't stay in a girl's house all night, I had called Jisoo to take care of her.

My handful of mud emptied. I placed my bouquet of white flowers on his coffin and stepped back. A gust of cold wind dried my tears. Everyone was slowly leaving until me, Jisoo and Y/N were left.

"You can go, if you want. I will drop her home." I told Jisoo.

Jisoo nodded, "Okay. I will visit her in the evening. Take care, Y/N." She left after softly patting her shoulders.

We stood there in silence for some more minutes. She blankly stared at his grave. Her eyes were dry, there was no strain of tears. It was so quiet that I could hear our heartbeats.

"Its late, shall we go now?" At first I thought she didn't hear me so I called her once again, "Y/N— "

She turned around without a word and walked towards my car. I took a deep breath and followed her.

Only one questioned remained unanswered,

"Why? What compelled you to give up life itself, Tae?"