9 | In Which Everyone is Scared, Confused, or Both

"Well... tell us!" Frank said. "Please?"

"I'm getting to it, feisty boy," Will smirked. Frank just glared. "A week ago seven dead spirits were sent to possess seven demigods either at Camp Half-Blood or Camp Jupiter. We were sent on a mission to get revenge on Perseus Jackson. Of course two souls can't inhabit one body at a time. That requires too much power. So the original soul died, ceased to exist, leaving the control to us.

"But now that Halloween has arrived, it's time for our plan to actually take place. Destroy Camp Half-Blood and everything Perseus Jackson ever loved. The dead spirits sent to possess the demigods are now gone, and the bodies are now all controlled and possessed by one, all powerful mind. And you're all about to join us."

Annabeth's eyes widened at that, her mouth dropping open. The deadly silence was ruined by Connor Stoll.

"Um, I'm confused. So... all those demigods are dead? And they were possessed by some ghosts? But now the ghosts are gone and everyone up there is controlled by a single mind of someone? And you want to control us too? Am I getting this right?" Connor asked.

Will sighed. "Yes," He deadpanned, blinking his pure black eyes, "Yes you are." Meanwhile the others standing next to him just continued to mimic his actions exactly.

"Oh," Connor frowned, "That's not good."

"So..." Hazel said, her voice breaking, "Leo... Piper... Grover... everyone up there... they're all... they're all dead?"

Will grinned menacingly. "Precisely," He said. "Jason possessed by Zoë Nightshade, Piper possessed by Ethan Nakamura, Leo by Octavian, Clarisse by Silena Beauregard, Rachel by Bianca di Angelo, Grover by Charles Beckendorf, and Will possessed by Luke Castellan."

Percy froze up at the names of all the fallen demigods. But why would they do this to him, why would they want revenge? Well, he understood Octavian. And Ethan and Luke Percy could kind of understand, but he thought they redeemed themselves and forgave him.

"Oh gods," Hazel said, running a hand through her hair, "Oh gods." Frank pulled his girlfriend into a hug, trying to comfort her, even though he was feeling the exact same, horrible feelings she was. He just wanted to make sure Hazel was okay, one of his main priorities.

Reyna suddenly stepped forward, dressed in a costume of Valkyrie from the MCU, unsheathing her sword and pointing it at the seven possessed demigods. "Surrender! Before we're forced to take more violent actions upon you," The praetor of New Rome demanded.

"Hmm, cute," Leo smirked, leaping off the bench, the possessed demigods doing the same.

Reyna glared at him, swinging her sword. Annabeth opened her mouth, but before she could yell at Reyna to stop, Leo calmly grabbed onto her hand with the sword, stopping it from slashing into him, just centimeters away.

Reyna gasped, jolting up, and dropped her sword. She screamed in pain and agony that absolutely terrified Percy, as the pupils of her eyes began to spread out, changing her eyes to complete black, just like the other possessed demigods. Suddenly, she froze, stopping her screaming, and stiffened.

She smirked, the other seven demigods doing the same. She took a few steps forward so she was in a straight line with the other possessed, then turned around. "Let's kick some ass," The eight of them said in eerie unison.

"Holy crap," Percysaid, his eyes widening.

"We need to get out of here!" Annabeth said.

"What?" Thalia shouted. "We're not even going to try to fight?!"

"That seems pretty useless at this point! Look at them! We need to go!" Annabeth said. She gestured towards everyone that they were losing by the second, their eyes becoming complete black. Percy winced, trying to block out the sound of his fallen friend's painful screams.

"But... but we don't even know how they're doing that. I'm still confused on what they're doing," Percy said quietly, unable to peel his eyes away from the chaotic scene of horror that was unfolding before them.

"I... I think I do," Annabeth said, "Look at them. The possessed demigods will touch non-possessed skin and they d- get possessed, you can tell by the eyes. We can't make skin contact with them," Annabeth explained, talking rapidly, though her voice cracked when she said the 'and they get possessed' part.

Percy watched sadly as Piper lunged forward at Hazel. She would have joined the hive of mindless, possessed demigods if it weren't for Frank. At the last moment, he dove in front of her, Piper hitting his face with her hand instead of Hazel. Frank began seizing, his eyes slowly turning black.

Hazel screamed as tears ran down her face, her legs shaky as she took a few steps away. "You monster!" She screamed at PIper. Usually she'd be plenty capable at defending herself, but she was in total shock, broken.

Her boyfriend had just died.

"Why thank you," Piper smirked.

"We can leave," Percy agreed, "As soon as we save Hazel. Seeing everyone here die... but still be talking and walking. It's like the person controlling them is just controlling a bunch of dead corpses. That's - that's horrible. I at least need to save something, someone."

Annabeth and Thalia looked at each other, nodding. "Let's go get her," Annabeth said. Percy smiled softly, grabbing Annabeth's hand as they ran into battle. As they did so, Percy pulled out Riptide, taking off the cap of the so called ballpoint pen.