6 | In Which Percabeth Wears a Couple Costume

It was finally the night of Halloween! Percy had tried his best to put Clarisse and Grover's conversation behind him because it's best not to worry about weird things. He decided he'd deal with it whenever something dangerous happened, like always.

Percy was currently all dressed in his costume and waiting for Annabeth to come out of the bathroom that was locked shut. She had been in there with Lacy for at least 45 minutes now, and the combination of his personality and ADHD made Percy very impatient.

He sat on his bed, quickly tapping his foot on the floor and playing with his fingers and the cloth of his costume. At this point, you're probably extremely curious on what Percy is dressed up as. And the answer to that question is... Harry freakin' Potter.

His costume looked like it came directly from the movies themself. He wore the black robes with the Gryffindor symbol where his heart was, the yellow and maroon tie (that Annabeth had to tie for him, black dress pants, and the gray sweater vest over the white, collared, long sleeve shirt. Along with that, he wore a round pair of glasses over his sea green eyes, and a small, red lightning bolt on his forehead drawn by Lacy, and it actually turned out pretty realistic

His black hair was messy as usual and he held a wooden wand in his hand that looked exactly like the one from the movies. And let me just remind you, this wasn't some cheap, Party City costume. This was a super realistic costume that looked like it could have come directly from the set of the Harry Potter films.

Suddenly, Percy heard the door to the bathroom and Annabeth came walking out, Percy's mouth dropping open. She looked gorgeous. Well, Percy thought she always looked gorgeous so it wasn't too different. She was dressed as Ginny Weasley. Her blonde hair was straightened (she refused to dye it red like Ginny's hair) and held back with a hair clip. She then wore very light makeup, just a little bit of lip gloss, mascara, concealer, and foundation, which Percy was surprised she agreed on.

She wore a similar costume to Percy's, but instead of black dress pants, she wore a pleated skirt the same color as her sweater vest. She also had a different wand, simply darker. And just like Percy's costume, it was super realistic.

"You look gorgeous, Wise Girl," Percy grinned boyishly. He strided over to Annabeth, planting a loving kiss on her lips.

"Thanks, Seaweed Brain," Annabeth smiled, "You look rather handsome yourself. Though this is a pretty sad night for myself."

Percy frowned, concerned for his girlfriend. "What? Why?" He asked, bending over a little bit so he was eye level with Annabeth.

"Today marks the death of Lily and James Potter, you uncultured swine! They were killed on Halloween by He Who Must Not Be Named. And you dressed as their son is just another reminder," Annabeth said, sadly placing her head on his chest.

"And who is 'He Who Must Not Be Named?'" Percy asked.

"Voldemort, stupid!" Annabeth said, punching him in the shoulder a lot rougher than she meant to.

"Oh, um, okay?" Percy said.

"Well good thing Lily, James, and Volde-er, He Who Must Not Be Named are fictional characters written by some author in the mortal world," Percy smiled.

"You really don't understand, do you?" Annabeth sighed, shaking her head.

"Uh, not really. Let's just leave and go enjoy the party!" Percy said cheerfully, a grin on his face.

Annabeth rolled her eyes, though she wore a smile. "Okay, Seaweed Brain," She said.

Percy looked over at Lacy who was standing behind Annabeth. She was dressed as Charlotte La Bouff from the Princess and the Frog, complete with an extravagant, poofy, pink gown. "Thanks for the costumes, Lace! And for helping us get ready," He said.

"Yeah, thanks," Annabeth said, turning around to look at the girl, "Though I really don't think I need the makeup."

"Oh, it's no problem!" Lacy said. "Have fun, Percabeth!"

"Percabeth?" Annabeth and Percy said in unison, raising their eyebrows. Lacy just smirked, hurrying out of the cabin.

"Well," Percy said, interlocking his hand with Annabeth's, "Let's get going, madam."