❤ 23✎The Treat ❤

When I asked her for the story, her posture collapsed a bit. Her determined face vanished without any trace. And then, she began her story.

“I told you already about my family, friends and fun that we had. But, that didn’t last longer like I thought.

My friends and I often roamed around the town and enjoyed our time. We were on cloud nine for the entire day, irrespective of all the worst happenings at school. They called us the most outspoken group of our school. We mock and prank the show off’s. We even made fun of the popular boys. But still, we giggled and rolled our eyes while seeing them.

We saved money for our weekend treats and filled our stomachs with foods, of all kinds. And for our exams, we burned the midnight oil in the name of group studies. But luckily, we ALMOST got good grades everytime. All those were the splendid days of our lives.

One hell of a sunday, just after a whole week of revision tests, we planned for our weekend meet. I started from my home skipping my breakfast, just to empty my stomach for the treat.

I rode in my usual route and smiled at all the familiar faces as I rode past them. I stopped every now and then to wait for the oldies and children to cross the road.

At one such moment, once after they crossed, I started my scooter. I gave a mild torque over the accelerator and began my ride. The road suddenly became so busy and was crowded with speedy heavy vehicles.

I carefully rode in between them, but, I had no clue on how a truck interrupted my path. And all I could remember was the image of me under a huge wheel of the truck.” she paused for a moment.

Silence caught both of us that instant. We barely saw each other through our welled eyes.

“I still couldn’t believe my early death. I was blank when I, well, a part of me came to this place. After some time I realized everything. It’s the place for the ones, who die at a very young age, without having a detailed life on earth. I never saw any old people here and so, I came to the former conclusion. And the reason for these dogs and few other animals here is that, they have a very short Life Span.” she finished without any breaks.

I cleared my throat several times and called her, “Hoodie???”

“Yes.” She replied.

“I feel sorry for you”

“So do I”

“But, why do we have ghouls here???”

“I don’t know”

“Why did you help me get out of the death house???”

“I don’t know”

“Stop worrying hoodie. Trust me hoodie, everything happens for some damn darn reason.”

“So, what could be the most valuable reason behind this??? To take someone’s life and give it back partially, isn’t that ridiculous?”

“Yes it is. And, the least valuable reason for now is, I’ve got you, as my friend.” I replied.

“Ha. Least valuable?” she winked at me.

Smile swiped both our faces. I looked at the window and saw some note like hanging on it.

“Wait a min hoodie.” I said and left to the window.

It was a parchment, with the same deadly mark and it read

“--------------LOVE IS WHAT WE HATE-----------------“

“Hey hey, let me see” hoodie grabbed it from my hands.

“What?? This is quite absurd. It’s a wrong note I guess. Please say yes.” she almost pleaded.

“So, here comes our weekend treat” I winked at her now.