Chapter 13

Sorry this chapter took so long. I was most definitely procrastintaing but here you go, the chapter about my batmitzvah (part one):

My alarm went off at 7:30 and I immeditly turned it off and got out of bed. I walked down stairs in my pajamas and opened the fridge even though I wasn't at all hungry. My parents got up and came down stairs. "How are you feeling?" My dad asked.
"Very nervousited." I said as I opened the freezer to find something to eat. I knew that I had to eat something or else I would be super starving for 3 hours during the service. I grabbed some frozen pancakes from the freezer and put them in the toaster for a quick breakfast. I stared over the toaster for a while and I jumped when the pancakes came flying at my face.

I pulled the hot pancakes out of the taoster and immedietly regreted it as they were burning hot. I shifted the pancakes from handed to hand as I walk over to the table to sit down. I was super thirsty so I got a cup of water as i waited for the pancakes to cool down slightly. I downed the cup of water and started eating my pancakes. They were super dry and tasted like cardboard and my stomach did not want food but I forced both pancakes down. After a tasteless breakfast, I went back upstairs to do my hair, makeup, and to get dressed.

First, after I brushed my teeth a ton, I got into into the dress I had picked out. It was an (almost) navy blue short sleeved dress with a v-neck that went down to about the middle of my shins. I don't really know what material it was but it was super soft and the short sleeves were a lace pattern in the same color as the rest of the dress. The v-neck was a little low so I had to wear a white tank top underneath because I was going to be in a temple.

Next, I put my bathrobe over my dress and my mom helped me do my hair. My hair was super long and I wanted to keep it down but it would get in my face when i was reading the prayers and such so I took a smal section of hair in the front and braided them. Then my mom helped me pin them in the back so my hair was held away from my eyes. The braiding was super tedious because if i pulled it too tightly, the tinsel that was put in my hair the day before would fall out.

Then I did my makeup. I didn't really have that much and I was (and still am) really bad at applying it so I covered up my eye bags and zits and such and put on some eyeshadow and mascara. I also put on some lip gloss but it was really more of an after thought right before we left the house.

while I was putting on my makeup, my dad fought with my brother for him to put on jeans instead of athletic shorts. There was crying involved but enventuly, Ethan (my brother in case you forgot that his name is also Ethan) emerged from his room with jeans on. He then was forced to go back in his room because he didn't put on his clip-on tie. There were more tears but he finaly came out looking like a good jewish boy ready to pray (something he didn't relly do).

I grabbed my talit bag and my phone and we all left for my batmitzvah!

I arrived at the synogugue about 15 minuets later I had talked the entire time. I was super nervous and talking was my anxiety's way of telling everyone, "Hey! Just in case you already didn't know, she is freaking out!"

As soon as I walked through the door (and found the one door that wasn't locked), I was greated by my Rabbi, the Cantor (person who makes up all the tunes for the prayers and sings most of the prayers during a normal service. The one at my synogugue is super annoying because she loves to show off that she can hit super high notes and makes it extremly hard for all the altos, me, and bases.), Sienna, Cameron, Casey (my one friend who is Morm- a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, Ben and his family (who were handing out prayer books to everyone when they walked in), the secratary and leader of the Sisterhood group, and the leader of the Men's Group.

The parents had already created their colony and were no doubt talking about us so I said hi to everyone and hugged Sienna and Cameron (there was no such thing as COVID). Cameron still looked a little pissed because of her messed up pedicure thing so I tried to make her feel a little better. "Your foot is looking so much better!" I exclaimed as i looked at her feet.
"No, it still looks terrible." She pouted.
To be honest, it hadn't looked that bad to begin with but it had improved. I knew there was no point in arguing (she is super stubborn) so I introduced Sienna and Cameron to Casey while I internally cringed for leaving Casey by herslef and not talking to her earlier. We started talking but the Rabbi pulled me away to get a mic for the service (fancy I know).