𝗆𝖾𝖽𝗂𝖼𝗂𝗇𝖾 & 𝗅𝗂𝖾𝗌

heyoo i know this was highly anticipated, but i have kind of a short chapter to fill in for a certain character's back story. i've been starting a bunch of new hobbies that take up a lot of my time, but i'm working as hard as i can to put out chapters. i hope u enjoy this!!

tw:// self harm mention, suicide attempt. please stay safe

narrator's perspective
3 years ago

the bright white hospital lights shown down on the crisp room, walls painted white only months ago, and the tiled floor was cleaner than ever with newer regulations being passed.

the brunette was slouched in her chair, her coffee colored bangs covering most of her face. she was dressed in a white hospital gown as gauze was wrapped neatly around her thin arms.

her foster family was there signing the papers, moving her over to the psych ward temporarily for a few days. she hadn't had any say in the matter. in fact, she hadn't spoken at all. not recently, at least.

"and how long will she be there?" the girl's foster mother asked, wrapping her arms around her 5 year old son, who hadn't understood much of what was happening. she gripped the sides of her green cardigan as her mahogany glasses were pushed up on her nose.

"we aren't sure, but depending on her behavior, it should be about three days if everything goes to plan. just know that you are seriously doing your daughter a huge favor, and you should not regret your decision." the doctor explained, tapping his slender leg on the floor, making a clicking sound.

click, click, click.

she gritted her teeth, annoyed by the slightest sound the doctor made. she hadn't known him, but she already knew she would grow to hate this man. who did he think he was?

click, click, click.

still, she clutched pulled her gown's bottom hem over her knees and towards her ankles, covering her legs with the fabric. she sat steady, not doing much.

click,

the girl tensed up at the sound. she didn't understand why, but it made her blood boil.

click,

her breathing increased at a faster pace, the sound making her want to rip her hair out of her own skull.

click.

"can you shut up?" she had meant to yell, but it came out much more subtle than she really intended it to be.

"oh? sincerest apologies, i hadn't known you were annoyed." the doctor apologized.

"yeah, whatever." she sputtered, resting her face in her knees.

"anyways, she should only be impatient for a few days. we've prescribed her mood stabilizers and anti-psychotics, and she should take those even after she's outpatient." the doctor said, who then called for a nurse.

and just like her hope, the girl was escorted away through dry halls and dusty walls.