The... Date? | 1

"Just my luck, I sprained my damn finger. Right before I go to see Alfred, too! It's really just my luck!!" I lamented to myself, slipping on my favorite outfit, making sure to avoid hitting my finger against anything. I walked to the mirror and looked at myself, turning to every angle I could think of, making sure I looked perfect. Alfred asked me out, though I couldn't really tell if it's a date or not. He was pretty awkward about it. That's what I like about him, though. It's cute. I heard a familiar knock at my door- he always does the "Shave and a Haircut" knock- and knew it was him.
"Coming!" I yelled, grabbing my phone and my keys. I looked at my finger and sighed in exasperation, ripping the strap off of it that was splinting it to my other finger. Hell with that, I'm not doing that over a sprained finger. It looks stupid.
I opened the door to an energetic Alfred as usual. He smiled brightly.
"Hey, Y/N!" He beamed. God, he was like a ray of sunshine. It was adorable. I smiled back at him.
"Hello, Alfred!" I replied. I studied him, he was wearing a polo with his jacket over it, hood up as usual, as well as jeans and a pair of sneakers. I still don't know if this is a date. "Uh, where are we going?"
"Oh! Right! Um.." He stammered awkwardly. He didn't seem to have thought this through. He scratched the back of his head until he perked up. "Oh! Yeah! I know!! There's a sports bar I really like down the street. I think you'll like it too. C'mon, dude!" He grabbed my wrist and started to walk with his usual brisk pace. I barely got the door closed behind me before we were already on our way.
"Wait, didn't you drive here?" I asked. Alfred paused, blushing a little.
"Ah, uh, we don't need it. It's not that far away! Just follow me. I can get us there faster!" He yelled. He led me even faster, picking up his pace that I already could barely follow. I laughed.
"Well, it's not like I have a choice, long legs!" I yelled back.
We made conversation right until we got there. It resembled something of a tavern from the outside, tucked away inside a string of storefronts. He excitedly led me inside, pulling his hood down as soon as we we're shaded, as I was still wondering if this was actually a bar. By the time we got in, I was certain. There were bottles everywhere, glass was clanking left and right. Alfred laughed awkwardly as we waited to be seated at one of the tables.
"I swear, this place serves food too, they just serve drinks more." He stated, turning to look at me occasionally as we waited. Finally, someone sat us, and immediately two menus were placed on the table, followed by two shots of.. Something.. I don't know anything about drinking. At all. I looked up at Alfred and must've had a confused look on my face because he laughed a bit.
"It's a palette cleanser, or so I've heard. That's what my brother told me anyway, but he can't cook, so I don't trust him a bit. I just down it as soon as we get it." He laughs again, picking up the shot glass and drinking it in a single gulp. I didn't really want to drink tonight, and I can tell whatever it is is pretty hard by the smell of it, so I pass mine across the table.
"You sure?" He asks. I nod. He downs it too, unphased. I picked up my menu, scowering my eyes across it, unable to decide what to have- I'd never been here before, after all.