Chapter 2

Skylea's POV

After meeting the king my lessons with Maester Luwin began. Today's lesson would be rather short considering the feast would be later and we would be expected to look our best in front of the king and queen as possible wives for one of the future kings. There was word spreading around that the king had asked Sansa and I for marriage to his twins. It was probably just a rumor though. The thought of just possibly marrying a king was exciting despite how much I disagreed with the whole "women are only good for having children" and all that sexist crap. I fidgeted in my seat while Maester Luwin preached about different poisons and their cures.
"Skylea are you listening?" He barked suddenly drawing me from my daydreams. I liked Maester Luwin and his teachings were always quite interesting. Other than the younger kids I was Luwin's only student. Most of his teachings had become about select topics like a true apprentice studying for their chains. If I were studying to be a maester of the Citadel I might've had over ten chains made by now but girls can't be maesters so instead I learn independently and just for the joy of it.
"Of course I am." I mumbled.
"No you aren't." He said with a slight smile. "You should know that I am not so easily lied to. It's understandable as to why you are so distracted though. After all, the king does not come around everyday. Nor do his sons." He said with a chuckle. I could feel a blush creeping up onto my cheeks.
"I-I don't know what you.." I mumbled feeling my tongue tie as I tried to defend my daydreaming. All he could do was laugh.
"It's quite alright. I wouldn't be able to focus either if I were your age. We shall continue on the morrow." He proceeded to nod towards the exit.
"Thank you!" I said sweetly. I kissed him on the cheek and dashed out the door, completely forgetting anything else but the feast coming soon. My mother would have us practice for it, making sure everything goes smoothly. As I made my way to my room I found my thoughts dwindling on Prince Arthur. Everyone in the kingdom knew him and his twin brother Joffery. They were the highest rated bachelors in all of Westeroes as luck would have it and one had smiled at me! Prince Arthur himself was quite comely with hair as dark as the midnight sky and as black as ink. He had a strong jaw and harsh cheekbones making him look quite manly. His eyes are what truly made him handsome though. They were a perfect blue. They seemed to shimmer in the sunlight and were such a perfect dark blue they seemed to shame sapphires. He also had the arms and chest of a man, thick with muscle. His brother Joffery was not nearly as handsome as his twin with his pouty lips and blond curls that seemed to heavily favor his mother. He also seemed to have an aura of ugly arrogance that wasn't close to appealing.
I finally made it to my room. As I entered I found my mother standing there, waiting for me, her back to me looking at some sort of dress.
"Hello mother." I said brightly flashing her a loving smile.
She turned to me, her thick auburn hair cutting the air as she turned around. Sansa had more of my mothers look than I did and I did more than Arya. I was a good combination of my parents. I have her nose and thick hair as well as her high cheekbones but we had our differences too. Her hair was a lighter shade than mine and my eyes more like ice than the aqua blue of house Tully. I've been told I look the most like my Aunt Lyanna more than anything. "What do you think of this for tonight?" She asked flashing the beautiful silk dress in front of me. The dress was a midnight blue with little sparkles shimmering here and there, emulating shining stars with the direwolf of House Stark pinned to the collar of the dress. A matching silver wolf skin cloak sat on the bed nearby.
"It's absolutely gorgeous!" I exclaimed drawing my mother in for a hug. I tugged it away from my mother and hurried out of my old dress into the new one. It highlighted my figure in the perfect way and brought out the darkness in my eyes. She fixed my hair with every ounce of effort she had making sure her daughter was absolute perfection. Finally she presented me with the jewelry. The necklace came first. It was a silver direwolf with some sort of gemstone with about a million shades of blue for eyes. When it came to earrings they were just a simple dark blue. She did my makeup last and told me exactly what to do and how to act at the feast as well as who I'd be sitting with at the dining table.
"Let me see you." My mother finally commanded and she observed her work cautiously. It seemed like a lifetime before she smiled in approval. "I must go now. Your father will be left waiting if I don't but just know you look gorgeous." She said tears grazing her eyes. "A true queen that is for certain." I had a million questions at that point but she turned and left leaving me with the duty to find Prince Arthur.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey guys! So first of all I want to send a big thank you to every single person reading this! You guys are great! Thanks for everything and please vote or comment if you liked it or want to add some constructive criticism. I would appreciate it!
~Syd