Chapter 9

Skylea's POV

A million questions buzzed about my mind as Arthur and I made our way to the famous Trident. I wanted an explanation for last night and his mysterious disappearance into the night. The camp was buzzing with gossip as to why he disappeared and while I hated gossip I found myself listening for an answer. Most stories agreed on the fact that he had had a fight with his mother and father but everything before and after that was unclear. By the time we reached the Ruby Ford I had mustered up the courage to ask him.

"Arthur can I ask you something?" I asked cautiously. He seemed to be studying the water in order to avoid my gaze.

"Of course Skylea you can always ask me about anything." He responded sheepishly. All the while he watched the roaring waters pass us, never meeting my eyes.

"We need to talk about last night. Why'd you leave? Where'd you go?" I questioned. The sound of screams filled the air. "What's that?"

The sound of children's screams filled the air and the harsh snarl of a wolf. At the sound of one of her own Lyanna bounded off and I did the same. The girl screaming sounded like Arya. Arthur tied up the horses and followed suit. I ran as fast as my feet would carry me. What if she was hurt? Did Nymeria lash out? If she did then why did she do it?

I wouldn't of stopped in enough time to see what happened if Arthur hadn't stopped me. My sister Arya appeared to have been pretending to sword fight one of the King's men's sons with sticks when Joffery and Sansa made it onto the scene. We had stopped far away enough that they didn't notice us so we watched as the scene unraveled before our very eyes.

Joffery approached with a laugh on his lips as Arya hit the boys stick out of his hand, disarming him."What do you think you're doing boy?" Asked Joffery as a smirk fell onto his pouty lips. Lyanna growled beside me.

"She asked me to Your Grace! I didn't even-" The boy stammers out before Joffery cuts him off. I think he's the butchers boy. His name is Mycah if I remembered correctly.

"Now that's enough! Fighting little girls isn't proper now is it? Why don't you come and fight like a man?" Joffery asks with a smirk as he draw his sword on the boy. He points the Valyrian at the boy and gestures for him to move.

"Your Grace I-" Mycah stammers once more. He stops once the blade touches his cheek. Joffery's wicked laughter rings louder than the flowing river.

"Pick up your sword boy. Pick it up and fight!" Joffery commands with a sickening grin. He steps back to let the boy retrieve his sword but keeps the blade close enough to the boy that if he were to make one wrong move he'd be dead in a second. Next to me Arthur rises up with and Lyanna begins to take a step forward as if she's about to attack.

Arya hits Joffery then. It's a quick little smack straight to the back of his head and Joffery's retaliates quickly. "You bitch! You stupid wolf bitch!" He screams at her, his sword slashing the air blindly. It continues on like that for a second before Nymeria stops him. Her jaws clamp

I try to hold them both back but it's no use. Once Nymeria attacks Joffery Lyanna is on the scene and barking like mad. Arthur is stealthier in his approach with his own Valyrian sword drawn. I run to him without really thinking. He can't kill Nymeria can he? Or Lyanna? The only way to find out is too follow so I do.

"Arthur." I hiss to him as I approach. Everyone's attention is upon Joffery now as his screaming is louder than the rushing water. The butcher boy ran.

"I'm going to kill him." Arthur hisses under his breath. His knuckles are white as he grips his sword.

"Arthur don't. Don't be like Robert or Joffery." I plea with him. It's enough to get his attention.