Chapter 10

Arthur's POV

As soon as the Stark's left the tent I turned upon my father in a cold fury. I did my best to control my anger but it was impossible. What he did was unjust and cruel and I wasn't going to just sit there and let it go without a fight.

"How could you? This was all Joffery's fault!" I asked my father incredulously as he attempted to leave his seat, his fat gut holding him back.

"Don't you question me boy! I am your king!" My father growled to me as he finally heaved himself forward.

"You may be my king but you are unjust and cruel all the same." I said simply as my anger poured out.

"Don't start with me boy." Responded my father as my mother glared daggers at me.

"Sorry your grace. If your grace would be so kind to excuse me I'd like to offer my sympathies to the Stark family after your cruel ruling." I say in mock courtesy as I turn my back on my supposed family and leave the tent. My father always hated his titles unless he was the one who was pointing them out and I knew he'd be aggravated that his own son referred to him as your grace.

I made my way to the Stark girls' tent with a slight sense of dread. Today had been a disaster and no matter how hard I tried I couldn't forget the look of anger and hatred Skylea gave me while accepting the flowers I retrieved for her. I knew she probably didn't even mean to give me such a look and that it was due to the unfair circumstances my family had put her into. I didn't want her to hate me for my family either though if she truly meant the look. My dread reached its peak as I stumbled upon their tent and captain of their household guard, Jory Cassel.

"May I enter, Ser?" I asked quietly as I stood uncertainly in front of the tent opening.

"It might be best to not, my prince. The girls took your father's ruling particularly hard." Jory responded rather coolly as we arrived at the inevitable subject of Lady's death.

"Oh. Well if you'd be so kind Ser to give Lady Sansa my sympathies for her loss, Lady Arya for her loss as well and Lady Skylea for being involved in this whole situation. Also please tell them Ser that I did everything I could and truly wish that things could have ended differently." I said with an obvious note of sadness in my voice as well as disappointment. It was my only hope that Ser Jory Cassel would actually pass along my message.

"I will see to it they are told, Your Grace." He responded quietly, leaving me to wonder what I could do to prove my words were true. Empty sympathies were easy to come by.

Though I was reluctant to return to my family I didn't have much choice as if I wanted to read or perhaps work on my swordplay I'd have to get the necessities from our tent. I made my way there slowly with heavy steps. I wished nothing more than to vent my frustrations with my family to my uncle Tyrion. He always seemed to understand my issues with my family and was always there for me. He was easily my favorite member of my family, much to my mother's despair. Immersed in anxiety and anger, I arrived to my family tent only to be stopped by my monstrous brother Joffery.

"Hello brother." He greeted with his pouty lips spread in a sadistic smile.

"Get out of my way Joff or I'll finish what Nymeria started." I told him coolly.

"Is that a threat dear brother?" He asks in a dangerous tone. "I thought you saw what happened today to those who would threaten the rightful king."

"What do you mean Joff?" I ask him despite my urge to just barrel through him and grab my sword.

"Well Lord Eddard committed treason today and look what that got him. His daughter's wolf is dead and the other one is missing. He got lucky. If I was king his head would be off his body for questioning my commands." Joff responds with a sickening smile at his last comment.