Remembering Sunday

Once upon a time there was an ugly millionaire. She was well known around the same town. Everyday she walks down to the near by coffee shop and orders her coffee and reads a book.

Today wasn't an ordinary day for the ugly millionaire.

There was a handsome homeless man sitting next to the coffee shop she goes to every morning.

He sits there hopping that someone will take pity on him and give him some money, he also waits for a miracle.

The ugly millionaire was shocked to see him sitting here.

She had never seen him before and she couldn't believe how beautiful he was.

The ugly woman didn't like people being homeless. She normally gives them money and prays they get off the streets. The woman believes that if you're going to die do it with dignity and not homeless. She walked over to the young handsome homeless man and handed him a twenty and walked away.

The handsome man was shocked at how ugly she was and also how kind hearted she was.

The homeless man knew the millionaire lived around the neighborhood but never meet her.

He followed her into the coffee shop and bought the cheapest thing there.

It was delicious, so he bought another.

The ugly woman caught his eye and he made his way over to her.

The millionaire was so oblivious to him. She was so caught up in her book. She smiled as she turned the page.

It was getting good.

The homeless man sat down across from her and she looked up.

They stared at each other fascinated.

The woman thought he was so handsome and he thought she was so ugly.

"Here," he said handing her the change.

"Keep it," she smiled.

The handsome homeless man introduced himself and the ugly millionaire did the same.

And so a friendship was born.

The millionaire and the homeless man meet at the coffee shop everyday.

She bought two books with her everyday.

They talked, they laughed, they smiled and read together.

The millionaire asked him to move in with her.

The handsome homeless excepted and moved in and the ugly woman found him a decent job.

As time passed the handsome homeless man slowly fell in love with the ugly millionaire.

The millionaire didn't believe in love, she believed in people falling in love with her money and not her.

The handsome man was determined to call her bluff.

One Saturday evening the homeless man cooked the millionaire a candle light dinner.

The ugly woman was shocked but sat down with him.

As they eat they talked.

Talking led to cuddling, cuddling led to kissing and kissing led to the bedroom.

Sunday morning came and the young couple eat breakfast together. They each had an egg and toast.

They ugly woman was hiding a secret from the handsome man.

She was leaving.

Leaving him.

Her things were already packed.

It was going to be hard to tell him now that he's drunk on love.

The homeless man just smiled at the millionaire.

He too had a secret.

He wanted to marry her.

They sat down together and the man took the woman by the hands. He got down on one knee and the ugly woman stood up and walked out.

The homeless man was a speechless and the millionaire was torn.

She quickly got a plane and flew to the other part of the world.

She was never coming back. She had done something so terrible, she had fallen in love with the handsome man.

The handsome homeless man waited for years for her to come back to him.

Every Sunday he would mourn over the lost of his love. Until one day when it was thundering and lighting outside he took up and ran.

He knocked on every door saying the same thing. "I don't mean to be a bother, but have you seen this girl? She's been running through my dreams and it's driving me crazy, it seems I'm going to ask her to marry me,"

They all said no and closed on the crazy man running around in the rain.

The rain seem to fall harder. He asked the neighbors and they said she moved away.

The poor handsome homeless man was a mess his love left him and all he could do was cry. All he wanted was someone to love. It was starting to make sense to him that these clouds are following him in his desperate endeavor to find his whoever, wherever she may be.

He wanted his ugly millionaire, but he knew she was long gone.

So, we walked home.

His real home.

The park bench.