Want to Hear A Story?

Where to start…

Let’s take this from the very beginning shall we? Let’s fast forward to 2011 one of my favorite bands was dropping their first album in just a few hours and I was about fifteen maybe sixteen. I was on Facebook checking out their page and left a comment along the lines of “I’m so excited!”. Within seconds I got a random message from some kid with a weird ass name. He asked me if I could download the album and give it to him. I, not really thinking anything of it, told him that I suck at techy things and would try. I then proceeded click on his weird ass name and scroll through his Facebook profile.

This guy was attractive and my age.

We continued to message each other a little. He added me on Facebook and I learned that he was Australian, we had a ton in common and that he thought I was cute. At that age, guys thinking of me as being attractive was like one in a million, plus I wasn’t looking for a boyfriend. I was much happier being miserable by myself. I also didn’t want the reasonability.

So our short friendship faded out and he never got the downloaded album. So, now let’s fast-forward to New Years Eve 2013.

I had my girls over and we were scrolling through my Facebook friends checking out all of the hot guys I met at Christian Camp. The Australian kid popped into my head and thought I’d show him to my girls just to show them. I thought about him often but never acted on it. Last time I looked him up he had a girlfriend and seemed to be really happy with her. Anyway, once the girls saw him they flipped. I say again, this guy was hot.

“He thought you were cute?” My best friend of “eighteen” years (let’s call her P) exclaimed as my other best friend (We’ll call her O) kept on scrolling through his pictures. “We should message him!” she said.

I panicked. I knew my friends and they were going to message him.

“No! He has no idea who I am. He friended me years ago, it’s not like we’re pals. Besides he has a girlfriend,” I said trying to regain control of my computer.

“He had a girlfriend,” O said smiling at P.

“Can we not…” I whined.

“Too late,” P said taking my laptop and started to type.

“Is he even awake?” I asked as O held me down.

“The green dot is next to his name,” P said as she typed. “Hey, we haven’t spoken in a minute, what’s up?” she read out loud then hit send.

“Oh my God,” I sighed as O let me go and we all gathered around the laptop and waited for what seemed like an hour. Finally, we say the little ‘seen at…’ pop up and my heart raced. He started to type and the girls started to get excited until he hit send.

“I’m sorry who are you?” was his reply.

“See?” I said.

“No, he fit to remember,” O said and started typing. “We bonded over Get Scared and Falling In Reverse a few years ago” she read out loud before hitting send.

The little ‘seen at…’ came up and he started typing again.

“I’m sorry I don’t remember you” was his reply.

This time P took over and wrote, “Well, we should get to know each other again”.

His reply was “Sure”.

I finally took over my laptop and started to make small talk with his random dude from Australia. After a while he said he remembered me and started to use smiley faces in his texts. The girls and I took that as our cue to start to flirt and he flirted right back. We stayed up until four in the morning before he had to go.