Remembering Sunday (re-write)

Once upon a time there was an ugly millionaire. Every day the millionaire would walk down to the near by coffee shop, around noon, and order herself a cup coffee and read a book.

Every day it would be a different book. She was fascinated by literature; the words painted a picture in her mind. She would stay at the coffee shop and read until she was finished her book then walk back home to finish up her work.

Not too far away from the coffee shop was a park. There was a handsome homeless man living on the park bench. He was constantly holding a sign, begging for money and because of his good looks he normally lucked out. He would have enough money to buy food for that day and have a little left over for the following day.

One summer evening the millionaire was on her way to the coffee shop, with a new book in her hand. It was just released this morning and she was so excited to read it she practically ran to the coffee shop.

Just before she reached the door he caught her eye. The handsome homeless man was sitting by the door with his sign and a can begging for money for his breakfast.

She was taken aback. She had never seen him before. She would remember a face that handsome.

The millionaire always has a soft spot for homeless people. She liked sharing her wealth with others. She reached into her purse and pulled out two twenties as she walked over to the homeless man. She smiled as she dropped them in his can before hurrying into the coffee shop.

The handsome homeless man was shocked by the ugly woman's generosity. No one has ever given him so much money before.

He stood up and followed her into the coffee shop. He saw her curled up by the window buried in her book.

The homeless man ordered a coffee and three bagels and slowly made his way over to the millionaire. He sat down and she looked up.

They stared at each other for a moment.

"Thank you," the homeless man said after a moment.

She smiled. "Don't worry about it".

"Do you come here often?" he asked hoping she would say yes.

"Everyday around noon," she replied as he took a bite of his bagel.

He smiled and introduced himself to her. That was the first time, in years, the ugly millionaire did not finish her book.

The following day the handsome homeless man met the ugly millionaire by the coffee shop. She hurried inside and joined him at a table in the back, with two books in her hand. The millionaire bought them both coffee and they shared a coffee cake together.

The two talked as they enjoyed their meal before they started reading.

The two spent hours together: reading, talking, laughing, and eating. The millionaire was starting to grow fond of the handsome homeless man and the homeless man was starting to grow feelings for the ugly millionaire.

The summer was coming to an end slowly and the millionaire was getting worried about the homeless man. He still sleeps on the park bench and the nights were getting colder.

"Would you like to spend the winter with me?" she asked one day as the rain poured. They were in their usual spot.

The homeless man looked at her surprised. "Are you sure?"

"No friend of mine should have to sleep outside in the cold and the rain" she said smiling.

The handsome man grinned and felt butterflies fill his stomach. He was falling for the ugly millionaire.