Chapter Twenty

After dinner you and Tony were washing dishes in the kitchen and talking.

"So," Tony said, "What is this about time traveling?"

"Scott showed up at the facility the other day talking about quantum physics."

"Yeah,I know, he already explained it to me once today," He cut you off, "I just, I don't know."

"Tony," Suddenly, water was squirting every where before he reached over and shut the tap off. He leaned over, took a picture of the shelf, and wiped it off. It was a picture of him and Peter. Over the years,Tony had started talking about Peter a lot, telling you about him. He told you so much about him and talked so frequently about him that you felt you needed to protect the kid..if he ever came back.

"We could bring him back, Tony." He sighed and set the picture down.

"I can't loose this." He gestured to Pepper holding Morgan while walking up the stairs, "I can't loose..you."

"Tony," you stepped closer to him and brought him into a hug, "I will make sure that doesn't happen."

"Ok," He said after moments of silence.

"Ok?"

"I'll do it."

~

"It worked." You looked up as Tony fell back in his chair. You and Tony, well mostly Tony, Have been working on making a design for the quantum time travel machine, or what ever he called it, for over two hours.

"Oh my god." You said, amazed. He did it.

"Shit!" Tony threw his hands up.

"Shit!" A smaller, much younger, female voice repeated. You and Tony both looked, wide-eyed, over to the girl sitting on the steps.

"No, No only mommy uses that word. What are you doing up little miss?"He asked Morgan.

"I wanted a Ice pop! Why aren't you asleep?" She asked.

"Cause' I got some important shit going on!"

"Tony." You hissed. He just rolled his eyes at you and got up to pick up Morgan.

"Night Draga." You blew a kiss from across the room.

"Night Auntie Y/N!" She called as Tony walked away with her.

You walked into the living room only to find Pepper, reading. You plopped down on a chair next to her.

"What'cha reading?" You asked.

"Just some boring article about plants." She sat the magazine down as Tony walked in.

"In my defense, she loves me 3000." He ginned and sat down on the couch next to Pepper, kissing her cheek.

You yawned, "I should probably head back."

"No, no, you stay, i'll take you back tomorrow." Tony said.

"Tony," You started.

"I really must agree with him." Pepper cut in. You and Tony had a glare-off for a couple of seconds before you finally gave in.

"Fine."

"Night."Pepper said.

"Night kiddo." Tony grinned, he knew you hated being called kiddo.

"Night dad." You heard both of them laughing as you trailed up to your room.

~

You and Tony were in one of his many sports cars, driving to the compound.