✸ Chapter Twenty-One: Play Ball!

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

𝙉𝙊𝙏 𝘼𝙉𝙊𝙏𝙃𝙀𝙍 𝙏𝙀𝙀𝙉 𝙈𝙊𝙑𝙄𝙀.

───○ ○───

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄: Play Ball!

 𝐌𝐈𝐃𝐓𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐒𝐎𝐅𝐓𝐁𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐅𝐈𝐄𝐋𝐃

𝟐𝟖 𝐌𝐀𝐘 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟔

───○ ○───

───○☆ ✸ ☆○───

                Did Peter Parker think he would ever find himself standing near the bleachers of Midtown's softball field? No. He quite literally would have placed himself anywhere else—like Mars—before he pictured himself standing there watching a bunch of people in baseball caps scream about a ball being hit. Not that he thought any of less of them, but it definitely wasn't his crowd. However, he was there, and he was even more surprised at how many other people there were too. Midtown prided itself on its brainiacs, and Peter forgot that a portion of those brainiacs were also meatheads...or, he supposed, athletic brainiacs—like his partner for class, and Ned's current crush at the moment, Lizzie Carter. 

Apparently, the game they were attending was important, and he had been startled at least five times since they got here by people shouting excitedly when something happened out on the field. Ned didn't understand it any more than him, but he tried, shouting exclaims about Lizzie getting them a point and how she hit the ball in between the squares. They watched Star Wars instead of sports, okay? Not everyone could be smart and athletic. 

"Oh! Oh! There she is! Number three! There she—howoh my God, I love her. She looks so good in that. Do all softball players look like that? I mean, I guess so—Did you see that? Peter! Did you see her catch that? She's amazing!" Ned cheered, practically jumping up and down when he watched Lizzie dive to catch a ball, the entire front of her uniform covered in dirt now. 

"Uh huh, yeah, amazing," Peter agreed, his eyes still focused on Liz Allen as she took more photos at the game. She looked pretty today, sporting the team's logo on a t-shirt. Then, a body walked in front of him and surprise littered his face. "Michelle?"

Michelle stopped, her nose in her book, then flickered to look up at Peter for a moment. She paused and raised her eyebrows in question. "Yes?"