Chapter 47

Author's note: Check out my other stories!

Aurora stood outside the room tapping her heeled foot on the floor whilst waiting for the nurse to finish her checks.
"I still don't see why I need to be here." Aurora huffed. Flynn was leant against the wall yawning as he flipped through the storybook he read as a child.
"You're doing it for Ariel." Flynn responded, Aurora rolled her eyes as she thought of the red head.
"Yes well I suppose you're right... but I still don't get why I have to be the one to start the conversation."
Kida rolled her eyes as she stood up from crouching on the chair. "The nurse is finished." The white haired female stated a few seconds before the nurse stepped out from the room.
"You can go in now." The nurse bowed her head to the three students before carrying on her way.
"How do you do that?" Flynn asked as he slipped the book back into his satchel.
"After many years of living in a cave city your ears become more sensitive to the vibrations around you... Maybe you should try living in Atlantis for thousands of years." She smirked as she saw the male's worried expression.
"You know what I'll pass thanks." Pushing the door open Flynn stood aside. "Ladies first."
"Thank you." Aurora muttered as she stepped into the white room followed by Kida.
"Good day Coral." Aurora smiled falsely down at the bed bound Pirate who return the insincere smile.
"What's up?"
Aurora glared at Coral who just folded her arms across her chest waiting.
"Ariel insisted I must see you." She gracefully draped herself in the seat and sat perfectly poised waiting for an excuse to leave. "I don't know why she's want us to be friends with the villain." She huffed under her breath but the agitated Coral heard it, a sneer pulled at her lips.
"What was that princess?"
"Ignore Aurora she's a little bit cra..." Flynn halted his words as he saw the glare the Princess had directed at him before she turned to look at the window. "She's a little..." Flynn whispered at Coral with his forefinger making circled by his head. "...at the moment."
"So why on earth did Ariel make you come see me?"
"She said we needed to make an effort... but not so eloquently." Kida shrugged as she fiddled with the crystal hanging around her neck.
"I see but if I'm honest I'm really not in the mood for visitors..."
"It's understandable I think everyone in the schools been in and out seeing you over the last couple of weeks." Kida said, Coral was about to respond when Aurora cleared her throat.
"I knew this was a complete waste of my time." Aurora complained as she stood up.
"Oh what did you visiting me interrupt your beauty sleep?"
The blonde gasped at the comment her eyes hardening.
"Yes I think going back to sleep would be good for you... I think I can see bags under your eyes." Coral spat venomously at the princess.
"You are a horrible person Coral." Aurora cried as she ran from the room. Coral didn't respond and she glanced away gripping the bedsheets. Kida rolled her eyes and went after the sobbing princess leaving Flynn stood at the bottom of Coral's bed dumbstruck.
"Sorry..."
Flynn opened and closed his mouth trying to find the right words to say.
"That's ok I suppose... she came into the room looking for a fight." The male rubbed the stubble on his chin and sighed. "I'm gonna go and do some damage control." Waving to the pirate he exited the room leaving the girl to sit in despair, she frowned angrily at the ceiling, why did she do that to Aurora?
"It's not like anything bad has happened..."

Coral sat bolt upright as the hair on her arm rose due to a cool breeze brushing past her. Darkness had begun to consume the room and a dark tug pulled in her chest.
"I know you're here." She huffed as she pulled the bed cover closer as the air cooled further.
"I can hide nothing from you." Rothbart bowed as he emerged from the darkness.
"Yeah it helps when the whole room freezes over ya know." The pirate smirked mockingly.
"Yes well there is a downside to the darkness."
She hummed a response before pulling out her book and ignoring the male hoping he would just disappear once again.
"Oh Coral I'm not something you can just ignore."
"I can damn well try can't I." She muttered, rolling his eyes he sat himself heavily down in the chair and waited in silence before curiosity got the better of her.
"What do you even want Rothbart?" She slammed the book down onto the bed and stared at the red head.
"I needed to see if my handy work had done the trick." He smirked, she raised an eyebrow causing him to sigh. "It would appear our dear little Adelaide is deeply concerned with your wellbeing, so much so that she would hand herself over to me to ensure your survival."
"She did what?" Coral's eyes narrowed.
"Oh..." He feigned innocence. "You mean she didn't tell you."
"Just leave her alone she doesn't deserve any of this." Coral moaned rubbing her face, Rothbart smirked at the younger woman.
"She deserves all of this she came to me crying, begging me to save your life..." he chuckled darkly as he ran his fingers over his moustache. "And all it took was a few... injuries to make her mine."
"You son of a-"
"Ah, ah watch your manners."
"Leave us alone! We don't belong to you so just stop!" Her voice raised the darkness seeping into her eyes causing the room to rattle violently.
"Hush child." He placed his hand on the crook of her arm. "Now is not the time later... you'll know when." And with that he removed his hand and the room settled back down once more.
"W-what just?"
"Just know this Coral. You both belong to me." And with that Coral was left staring into oblivion the world blacking out in front of her once again.