Chapter 11

~Amelia's POV~

"Amy, come on. We have to head out now or we'll never arrive in Gloucester in time," I grumbled. Finally! Tomorrow I was going to be 19 years old! I couldn't wait, I was finally going to celebrate my birthday with my family in 3 years! The past birthdays were spent in my flat with Amy or at work with my colleagues.

I didn't want much attention, so my family agreed to only invite close friends. I had ensured that I had gotten a list of invited people and there were only going to be my family, Amy, my closest friends when I was in Gloucester and the family from next door. They were the Stuarts, Mr and Mrs Stuarts with their son Charlie. Also, Nathan's mom and sister, Karen and Jess Sykes were invited. We were going to have a mini party. Reed had planned it, with Mom and Dad. I had given him a few warnings, but of course he didn't heed them.

I had told him I didn't want presents or surprises, seeing as they had already spent so much on planning the party. But Reed had already told me to prepare for a surprise. Of course he wouldn't listen. I remember sighing and hoping there were no presents. I was already getting one from Nathan, who had called and told me he had shipped my present out, apologising for the thousandth time that he couldn't come because of the very important gig. I had told him not to worry. His career was everything to him, who was I to ruin it, right?

"Alright! Amelia, let's go, stop dreaming about your boyfriend!" I had told Amy everything when I returned, and she couldn't stop referring to Nathan as my boyfriend. I laughed and grabbed my luggage, dragging it out to my silver convertible parked nearby. I tossed my bag in the boot and Amy followed suit, and I climbed in behind the wheel while Amy sat in the passenger seat just next to me.

Throughout the whole journey, I blasted The Wanted songs and sang along. Amy sang along too, but I concentrated on listening more than singing. I don't know why, but I was fascinated by their voices. I always strained my ears to hear the back ground notes, not just the main high notes Max usually sang. I would try to identify Nathan's, Jay's, Tom's and Siva's voices instead of just concentrating on Max's higher voice.

After a gruelling long journey with a few stopovers, I pulled up in front of my family's home. Amy gasped at the size, while I smiled up. I missed this place. I noticed a face look through the curtain for a moment before disappearing. I grabbed my luggage as did Amy and walked up to the door. I grabbed my key, which I still had. But before I could open the door, it was yanked open and a body slammed into mine in a hug.

"Sis! I've missed ya!"

I laughed and wrapped my arms around a muscled body.

"Missed ya too, Reed! Amy, this is my older brother, Reed. Reed, this is my mate, Amy," I let go and made quick introductions. Reed smiled and quickly hugged Amy. She smiled in return. I turned to Amy and told her she was sleeping in the spare room next to mine. She nodded and followed me and Reed up to the second floor, and I brought Amy to her room before dragging my luggage to mine.

Everything was the same as I had left it. The walls were still the same, 2 purple and 2 pink walls facing each other. My bed, with its purple sheets. My dresser and wardrobe were still in its place. And finally, I pulled open the topmost drawer in my chest of drawers. I had emptied it of almost everything. Almost. But there, still in place, was a single notebook.

It was a simple A5 notebook, but this meant the world to me. A year after Nathan had left, all my feelings, all the crappy songs I thought up off, all went into this book. I had left this is Gloucester, wanting something small here. I picked it up and flipped through the picture, memories flooding out. Then a light blue envelope fell out of one of the pages. Huh? I've never seen that before... I grabbed it and opened it. The first thing that caught my attention was Nathan's scrawl.

Dearest Amelia,

If you're reading this then I'm either dead or somewhere wishing you were with me. I asked Reed to help me put this in your room. It's been two years since I left Gloucester. Crazy, huh? Feels like yesterday we were chasing each other around my backyard. Well... I need to get this off my chest. Amelia, we've had fun since we were 6. But when we hit 14, I've noticed a few things. I've noticed how your hair falls perfectly. I like how you're not ashamed of your weight. I like it when your eyes sparkle. Your the only one who can make me laugh when I'm pissed off as hell.

Amelia, I really want to see you again. I miss you. When I finally came here, your brother told me you had moved out and on. I was crushed. Since we were 14, I have had the hugest crush on you. I really want to call you mine. Please, Amelia, talk to me, if you ever read this.

Nathan

Tears welled up in my eyes. How could I not know this. I folded the slip of paper and stuck it in my pocket. I wiped the tears away and decided to turn in early.

Author's Note: Aww... Amelia's found Nathan's note! I'm so tired right now... Fan or comment! Thanks for reading!

~Sophia