Chapter 5

~Amelia's POV~

"That right there is the Merlion. Part fish, part lion. Don't ask me why it's so, I've no idea anyway," I laughed at Nadiya's explanation of their icon, a Merlion. She was taking me around Singapore, showing me not only the famous attractions, but the small local things that make Singapore so unique. Like their Singlish language, which mixes Chinese language, Malay language, and English all at once.

We went on the Singapore Flyer at sunset, and the view was so breathtaking. Then we had a quick dinner at a Kopitiam again, and I dared something different. I bought some soup noodles called 'Mi Soto' which was heavenly. Then we agreed that Nadiya would come over to my hotel room the next day before heading to The Wanted's concert at the Max Pavilion.

I opened the door the next day to a smiling Nadiya. She told me to hurry up and get ready for our shopping trip. I quickly changed into jeans and a blouse, before pulling on a pair of pink converse wedges before she dragged me out.

First we headed to a store called Takasimaya, which was huge! We walked around, searching and searching for perfect clothes. In the end, Nadiya and I gave up and decided to stick to what clothes we had. Well, I did, Nadiya bought a new top. Then we went shoe shopping Nadiya bought a new pair of leather boots which looked great on her. We bought some makeup and headed back to my hotel room.

"Amelia! Quick! We have to go soon If we wanna get good spots!" I groaned quietly to myself. I didn't want good spots. I wanted to hide. I quickly applied some chocolate brown eyeshadow and and pink lipgloss. I didn't bother tying my hair, seeing as I would be wearing my hoodie. I wore a pink polo t-shirt and navy blue skinny jeans and my pink converse wedges before pulling on my favourite purple hoodie and looked at Nadiya. She was stunning.

She wore a long sleeved lilac coloured t-shirt and skinny jeans matching mine along with the leather boots she had bought earlier. She had worn blue eyeshadow, and baby pink lipstick. Her jet black hair was straightened and she had on a black sweater which she left unzipped. She smiled at me, showing her approval at my style before we headed to a cab I had called. I had a driver's licence, but didn't want to rent a car.

When we arrived, I gasped at the crowd. The pavilion was packed! We slowly pushed our way to the front. We had a perfect view of the stage, which unfortunately it meant the lads would have a good view of us too. I pulled on the hood and hoped to look like I was just another fan.

When they came on, the crowd went wild. Screams, girls yelling 'Marry Me!' to the lads, while I plastered on a fake smile and sang along. So far, Nathan hadn't looked this way so I was safe. The problem would be when they hopped off the stage. Which they did when they started singing 'I'll be your strength'. Nathan came over and sang.

Please don't look here, please don't look here, please don't- of course he looked here. His eyes caught mine for a moment and he stopped singing for a bit before regaining his composure and resuming. He came to stand directly in front of me, causing the fans to scream like crazy. I looked at the ground, desperately hoping to avoid his gaze. He used a hand to pull my face up. From the corner of my eye I saw Nadiya's eyes widen.

"No, Nath," I whispered before pulling his hand away. He continued singing. I felt a single tear escape my eye, and I wiped it away furiously with the sleeve of my hoodie. He finally had to go back on stage at last, but he kept his eyes on me. I couldn't bloody face it anymore! After the concert ended, I knew Nadiya would be staying for the meet and greet so I had to stay, seeing that I promised her mom that I would take care of Nadiya until she came to pick her up.

"Amelia, are you okay? You seemed a little... Upset when Nathan sang earlier," I caved and told her everything, about mine and Nathan's friendship, about him leaving, and at the end of it tears were streaming down my face. I wiped them away. When we returned for the autographs, we were the last and I apologised, but she told me it wasn't my fault. After a gruelling hour of waiting, it was Nadiya's turn. I just stared at the ground, probably looking like some terrorist but I didn't care. After the signing I called Mdm Fatimah and she picked Nadiya up, while I waited at a nearby cab stand.

"Am? I didn't know you were in Singapore," like seriously. Life just absolutely wants to torture me doesn't it? I turned to face away from Nathan. Why was he here? I asked him to bloody forget about me! I ignored him, pretending not to hear especially with my headphones on and 'Chasing the Sun' blasting away in my ears. He pulled my headphones off and I looked at him, annoyed.

"Oh for God's sake. I came to Singapore to bloody forget you. And on the third day, this happens. The world just loves seeing me die slowly," I muttered to myself, walking away. Maybe I could take the MRT like if I find a station. If not, I was busy walking away from him.

"Am, please. Don't walk away. Please," he begged. What the heck was I supposed to do? I turned around.

"Amelia, I'm so sorry! Please! I lost all my contacts, and I'm sorry about break, please forgive me!" I sighed. I knew I had to forgive him. It hurt seeing him hurt, especially seeing how he was my best friend for 12 years.

"You're forgiven. But I've changed Nath. I'm not the same girl you left behind in Gloucester. So even though you're forgiven, I still can't see you, it hurts too much," I wiped away a year that was slowly making its way down my cheek and began walking away. He caught my wrist.

"Please Amelia. These past days have been torture for me. I can't eat. Every time I close my eyes I see you face. Remember that time I told you I had a crush on someone?" I sighed. How could I forget? That day, my world fell apart. That day, I was only 13, and had a crush on my best friend. That day was the first time I slashed my wrist with a blade.

"There's a reason why I didn't tell you who she was. She was smart, funny, always put others first. She was so beautiful and caring. I knew she would just laugh and think I was joking. It was in her character. Of course she would, I was 13. Her personality was amazing. Her hair was perfect, as were her teeth and eyes. Her name... Was Amelia Christina Brown." Wait what? It couldn't be, could it? It's not possible that Nathan Sykes, the boy I cried over, hurt myself over him, and had a crush on liked me back? I mean, that stuff only happened in movies, or those soppy romantic stories I read so often. I stared at the ground, holding back tears. He pulled my face up, forcing me to look up at him. I knew I was breaking.

"Let me fix you up. I've done three years damage, it's about time I made up for it. Please Amelia, will you be my girlfriend?" Wha-what? He can't be serious. No way. Right? I numbly nodded, still not believing it. He picked me up and spun me around a couple of times.

"Nath, we're in Singapore, PDA isn't really appreciated here," he put me down and pouted, causing me to laugh. I've really missed this. I've really missed all the good times.

"I've really missed you."

Author's Note: So... Nathan and Amelia are together! Feels on that?

~Sophia