Chapter Ten

Calum was a terrible driver. I lost count of how many trash cans or other things that he hit. I'm surprised he has never been pulled over. Anyway, after we survived Calum's terrible driving and arrived on campus, I walked hand in hand with Calum over to Ashton. I have Ashton a hug and we all hung out there. Except for Isa who went over to Mikey to try and convince him to like Luke just a little bit. I noticed some girls over by the door of the school who were glaring at me. When I looked over at them, they looked away and started whispering. The bell rang and everyone went in. I dropped it and went to my locker. Calum went to the bathroom so he wasn't with me. I opened my locker and saw a bunch of notes at the bottom of it. I opened them one by one.

"You are suck a whore. We all know you slept with Mr. Brown." One said.

"You probably did it with all four of the new guys." Another said.

"Hey love!" I fell hands wrap around my waist. I hide the notes in my locker and shut it immediately. "What was that?"

"Nothing. It was just part of an old assignment." I say turning around and pecking his cheek. I grab his hand and he walks me to my first hour. I can still feel the glares on me. It is like they burn my skin. Calum is looking over at me. I look at him questionably. "What?"

"Are you okay?" He asks.

"Yea. I'm just tired." He looks at me concerned.

"You know people only say that when there is something wrong. You can tell me you know that right?" I nod.

"I'm fine Calum. I swear." He still looks worried but he drops it. When we arrive at my class I hug him. "I will see you at lunch." I smile and he waves. You can tell he is worried. I wonder if he will actually try and figure it out. I walk into class.

"Oh look the slut is coming our way." I turn and go to the back of class. They have no idea what is happening and just because I'm dating Calum they are saying things like that. I sit down. The teacher starts talking but I'm not listening. I'm far away. I'm in a world where there isn't a pervy teacher that my mom is dating that is after mine. A world where people aren't hating me just because I'm friends with these guys and dating one that everyone wishes they had. I close my eyes and think about what it would be like.

"Kaitie?!" The teacher said at the front of the room. I jerk my head up. Everyone is staring at me.

"Yes?" I ask.

"Would you mind staying awake in class?" I nod and look at my notebook and realize there is a paper on top of it. I open the crumbled sheet of paper.

"You deserve whatever he does to you. Mr. Brown that is." I look up smiling. There are people staring at me and giggling. I fold the paper nicely and tuck it in my notebook. I start to doodle. Time passes by faster when I do that and my phone goes off. It's Ashley.
Hey

Hey how's packing going?

Terrible. I hate it. How is school going?

Okay I guess. Did I tell you that me and Calum are together?

Omg! Really?!

Yes! I can't wait till you get here!

I can't wait till I'm there. The bell rings and I get up to go to my next class. I stand and get ready to walk out of class.

"Miss brooks?" I stop. I turn around. "You have a meeting with Mr. Brown and the counsellor after school. I was just supposed to give you the message." Oh great.

"Thanks." I turn and walk out of the classroom.