17

The past week had been hectic and extremely exhausting for BTS, although that isn't really much of a surprise. Being a kpop idol had always been exhausting, especially if you're Bangtan. Their schedules had become twice as packed ever since they've decided to step up their game and crossed the global music market; thus began their American journey.

Everything felt weird at first: performing at American shows and attending interviews where the foreign host would speak in a language they (except RM) barely even understood. But eventually they have become used to it and even now they're determined to learn how to speak the language to be able to communicate with fans and not solely depend on their leader's translations.

It was their dream as a group to expand their horizon and reach out to wider scopes of audiences and listeners to their music. In just a short amount of time, they have made their names sound across the globe, leading the Korean Wave into the United States and breaking numerous sales records.

But even then, all the glitz and glamour of their growing global fame had its own downsides. Not having the freedom to do anything as you please or go anywhere you want without attracting public attention and getting mobbed was one thing. It was as if you get robbed of the right to enjoy a private life outside being a public figure and it's one of the things Taehyung disliked being an idol. The scarcity of rest and free days was another thing, hence they treasure every precious minute of day-offs they'd almost rarely get.

Right now, the group was gathered at Taehyung's flat to loosen up a bit and have dinner. Namjoon had invited the neighbor next-door, Kim Dahyun, to join them but she politely declined as she had some important things to do. Seokjin was sad about it. He really wanted to hang out with Dahyun and teach her the theme of Super Mario and Maple Story on piano.

They had a simple dinner and chatted a bit. The boys did not stay for long as they usually did because all of them had to store energy for another trip to the United States tomorrow.

After tidying up, Taehyung decided to visit Dahyun and check for himself what made the girl so occupied this evening. They hadn't been able to hang out as much as they used to due to tight schedules. Apparently, in the midst of their Twicelights Tour, TWICE had also been preparing for an upcoming comeback -- the reason why Dahyun, yet again, dyed her hair to blonde.

"What are you doing?" Taehyung asked, noticing the paper and some art materials scattered on top of the glass table in front of Dahyun.

"Making letters for ONCE," she answered, barely sparing him a glance as she was so focused on doodling a small tofu and a bunch of hearts on the bottom part if her letter. "I'm one of the hosts at ISAC tomorrow. ONCEs are coming over so I'm thinking of giving them chocolates and handwritten letters," she explained further, pasting a cute sticker on the letter she just finished writing, then raising her head to look at him afterwards, a smile drawing on her lips. "Oh, you brought pizza."

"I know you haven't had dinner yet. You tend to forget your meals whenever your busy doing something," Taehyung gave her a warm smile as he sat on the couch across her, placing the pizza box on his lap. Opening its lid, the fresh and hawaiian aroma of pizza filled their noses.

"Ah! I have sweet potatoes!" Dahyun exclaimed, standing up to get the sweet potatoes she had boiled earlier.

"How many are you writing?" Taehyung inquired, as she came back with a plate of sweet potatoes, already peeled and sliced in bite sizes.

"About 50."

"That's a lot. And it's already 12. You need to rest you know. You've just been sick," he said, picking up a slice of pizza and comfortably leaned his back on the couch.