Preparations

Okay guys, the results are in! Thank you to everyone who voted.

So, what cute, little baby is Marinette pregnant with? Drum roll please...

It's baby Emma!!! Yay!!! The results were not even close. I'll post the final tally  at the bottom of this chapter.

Also, A huge thanks to my beta readers, @HappGorl, @tashers581, @gamechanger321 , and my friend, Sylvia!!! You all take my writing to the next level!!!

________________________________________________________________________________

 "Oh, Marinette," Tikki said, with clear concern in her voice. "You have got to stop pacing like that."

Marinette continued walking, taking no heed to her kwami's futile advice.

"What else am I supposed to do?" She quickened her pace. "They've been down there for hours, and I've been stuck, dying of the unrelenting nervousness suffocating me in this room!"

She glanced towards the window, the sun's setting rays piercing through the glass like a bright, mocking reminder that Bunnix would be there soon.

This final day in the future had gone nothing like she had imagined, and honestly, she wasn't quite ready to give up everything she had gained here in order to go home. Sure, Adrien would be there, waiting for her as soon as she stepped out of that portal, but it wouldn't be the same Adrien she had recently gotten to know, now would it?

Tikki flitted from her position on the chaise, landing on Marinette's shoulder and nuzzling against the side of her face. "It's going to be okay," she cooed. "You know that, don't you?"

Marinette paused, leaning her head into Tikki's touch. "Of course I do, Tikki." She closed her eyes. "It's just..."

Stupid. Marinette couldn't bring herself to finish that sentence. Because that's all it was. Once again Marinette was freaking out about something completely and utterly stupid.

Tikki nuzzled even closer. "What is it, Marinette? You know you can talk to me, right?"

"Yea, I know," Marinette lifted her hand, petting the side of her kwami's head and looking back towards the window.

But this was something she really shouldn't say out loud.

She was having a hard enough time just thinking about it, let alone putting her irrational fears into a sentence.

Besides. It wasn't as if Marinette wanted to think this way.

Her stupid mind just had to formulate ideas of how everything could fall apart when she returned to her own time.

She already knew Adrien would become her boyfriend. From an outsider's perspective (i.e. adult Alya), everything about her and Adrien's relationship was going to turn out just perfect.

And Marinette had wholeheartedly believed that fact.

At least until now.

Because why wouldn't her already rattled, nerve-driven thoughts not figure out that her naive assumption had one, critical, little flaw?

Yes, shouldn't it have been obvious? She had only been told the story of her return from other people's point of view. But the older Marinette had said nothing about her all-too-soon return herself. Granted, she had kind of been crying and thinking about Adrien the entire time they had spent together. But that was besides the point! Because now... now Marinette had no idea what things would truly be like when she was finally face-to face with her Adrien.