Danishes

Hello my lovely readers! I know it has been forever since I have posted, and thank you all for patiently waiting. This is my longest chapter yet, and I am so excited to be continuing this story. The next chapters are going to be very interesting and potentially difficult to write. I can't promise any release date seeing as how I haven't started the next chapter yet, but I hope to have it ready by the end of July. 

Thank you once again HappGorl for beta reading this chapter!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just twenty more minutes. Marinette smiled to herself, closing the oven and setting the timer. The only thing left to do within that time was to whip up the glaze - a task she had completed hundreds of times.

She had finished preparing the dough and the passion fruit curd the night before. Adrien's absence, though essential and quite important, had left her mind wandering crazily. Plagg hadn't been up for much conversation, and Marinette had needed anything, anything to keep her from thinking about her actions from earlier in the evening.

She had tried picking a movie; there was an eight year supply of content to catch up on. Surely, with that kind of selection, she could keep her mind busy.

But no.

Nomatter what she tried- romance (a really bad idea), comedy, action, and even anime- nothing kept her mind from wandering back to her idiotic, flirtatious actions.

"Why did I act like that?!" Marinette had groaned, while flipping through the options on the screen, nearly flinging the remote as she flailed her arms in the process.

But it wasn't just her own actions that had kept her from being able to focus on the TV. No. It had been that gosh darn cat with his smarmy smirking and banter. This was nothing unusual from him, really, but knowing he was Adrien, that he would one day be her... lover.

That made things different.

Different enough for her to turn into a full on seductrice as soon as she activated the black cat miraculous. Seriously! What was up with that ring?! It wasn't until she had detransformed and Plagg had dashed out of the room that she realized what she had been doing.

'Operation: Don't Tempt my Future Husband' had been a disaster, and images of Adrien's surprised face, leading into him eventually reaching, no chasing after her plagued her thoughts, completely covering up anything that was being shown on the TV screen.

No.

Watching something was not enough. She had to find something that would require her to think. To occupy so much of her mind, that there was no room for any more of these mindless images. She needed to focus - to be active...

"That's it!" she had shouted, turning off the TV. Why hadn't she thought of this before?

The solution was simple. Baking.

Make something new.

Focus all of her mind and energy on making something unique, something she could give to Adrien in the morning.

And that's what she had done, spending nearly an hour alone just thinking of the perfect recipe. By the time she had completed the homemade dough and her own, special passionfruit curd, she had been too tired to think of anything. Adrien and Tikki still hadn't come home, but she didn't care - all she wanted to do was sleep.

Marinette had only been mildly aware of Tikki tiredly returning, mumbling something about Marinette's behavior and how they would discuss it in the morning. But she had been too tired to respond, not even opening her eyes or shifting in her covers to let Tikki know she had heard her. And much to Marinette's happiness, Tikki had shown no signs of waking up any time soon this morning.