Chapter Seven

"What about this?" Molly and (y/n) sit at the Weasley's kitchen table, looking over a small wizard magazine of wedding things. Molly's pointing at something in the magazine for (y/n) to look at as he rests against the countertop. Who knew planning a wedding was so boring. He's been sitting here for around two hours, and when he suggests anything, he's shot down. An hour ago, he had suggested they incorporate something from the shop, both women had stopped and stared at him like he'd grown another head. Honestly, why did they even want him here?
"What do you think, George?" (y/n) turns and looks at him.
Maybe listening to their conversation would've been a good plan, "Whatever you want, dear."
(y/n) laughs, turning back towards his mother, "See, I told you he wasn't listening."
"I was too!" He pushes off the counter's edge to sit down next to (y/n) to look at the page she's looking at.
"Oh yeah?" she raises her eyebrows, "what was I just saying?"
"Something about...about the wedding."
She tilts her head, unimpressed, "Do you not want to help plan? You're the one who was eager to get married as soon as possible."
He chuckles, "Fine. What do you want me to do?"
"What do you think of the ceremony being outside in the gardens?"
"You want to get married here?" His frowns, he cocks his head slightly.
Molly frowns at him, "what's wrong with here, George?"
"Nothing's wrong with her," he shrugs, "But you haven't seen (y/n) 's parent's home."
(y/n) shakes her head, "I love my parents, but I'm not interested in getting married in my childhood home. Plus, your mother already offered, and the Burrow is beautiful this time of year."
He raises his hands in surrender, "If that's what you want, then sure. Let's have it here."
***
They settle on the garden wedding (y/n) wants. Nothing too flashy, and somewhat small, two months from now.
"Now that we have that sorted out..." George looks over at (y/n), "we probably should find a place to live."
"Where were you thinking?" she snuggles up to him on the couch.
"Dunno...somewhere private, maybe with a little garden, and a large fireplace, we can sit beside every night."
"Are you gonna continue to daydream about this dream home of yours, or are we going to go out and find it?" (y/n) grins teasingly.
"Fine," pulling her chin towards his face. (y/n) looks up at him, her smile fading as she expects him to kiss her. He grins, "I'll take the day off tomorrow, and we'll look around."
(y/n) tries to close the distance between them, but he moves back slightly, "George!" She huffs, rolling her eyes at him.
"Sorry," he finally gives her what she wants, kissing her deeply. (y/n)' s fingers card through his hair, pulling lightly at the roots. He groans, his hands trailing up her waist.
"C'mon...this is a family space," Ron grumbles as he walks past them. (y/n) breaks away from him, scurrying to the other side of the sofa.
"Ron!" George yells after his brother.