Chapter Five

Bringing her into the Burrow for the first time as his fiancee felt a lot like bringing some rare jewel to show off to those around him. Molly hugs her tightly, announcing how happy she was that (y/n) would be a part of the family, formally, at last. The rest of the Weasley's pad into the kitchen, surprised by Molly's words that echo throughout the house.

"You're engaged? I didn't even know you were dating," Ron says.

George rolls his eyes. "It's complicated."

"Congratulations!" Ginny hugs (y/n), "Finally, a sister."

"What about Fleur?" Ron gives Ginny an amused look. She flushes.

"You know what I mean...(y/n) was already family..."

(y/n) laughs, "thank you, Ginny."

"Took you two long enough," Charlie comes into the room yawning.

"Did we wake you up, dear?" Molly asks, fussing over Charlie.

"'S fine. Wouldn't want to miss another big family moment," he claps George on the back in that special Charlie way. Ever since Fred's death, Charlie's been around home more and there for George as much as possible. He didn't think it was possible to become closer to a sibling as an adult, but losing Fred had sort of brought the family closer. It was bittersweet.

"Let me see the ring, dear," Molly pulls (y/n) 's hand up to inspect the small diamond. The same self-conscious feeling rises back in the pit of his stomach. "Oh, George. It's beautiful."

"You think?" he snakes an arm around (y/n) 's waist, pulling her closer to his side. He felt much better with a second opinion on the ring. He was afraid (y/n) was just trying to make him feel better.

Charlie whistles, "Geez. Did you take a loan from Gringotts, or is the shop really doing that well?"

George rolls his eyes, "Are you that surprised I'm a success?"

"Honestly, yes," Charlie smirks.

***

"Let me take you home?" His fingers dance across her wrist as they stand outside the Burrow's front door.

"Yes." They apparate back to (y/n) 's home. He pulls her into his arms again, pressing another kiss to her lips. Her fingers card through his hair as she deepens the kiss. George's hands roam up her waist, his fingers lightly digging into flesh. This feels like a dream to be kissing her.

(y/n) pulls away slightly to look into his eyes, smiling. Her left hand is still cupping his jaw, the cool smooth band of her engagement ring resting against his skin.

"Goodnight," she moves to grab the front doorknob.

"Goodnight," he reluctantly lets go of her. When the door closes, he turns on his heel, walking back down the cobbled pathway before apparating home. When he's back in the familiar darkness of his childhood home, he lets off a wave of green and orange celebratory sparks from his wand and a large whoop of pent up happiness.

He can't believe he's somehow convinced (y/n) to marry him and that she's actually been in love with him for years.

"Oi, George! We're trying to sleep," he hears Ron yell from his bedroom window.

"Sorry, mate!" He makes his way into the house, trying to be as quiet as possible as he makes his way to his room in the dark.