11. Help cleaning

After we finish and I finally finish the second pancake I get up to clear the plates away.

"Princess sit down, I am capable of cleaning" James says. He takes the plates away and begins clearing the rest. I get up to help and when he turns around from putting the plates in the sink he starts to come towards me. When he sees the dirty bowl I am holding he comes to try and grab it.

"Grace what did I say? You don't have to-" I drop the bowl a his hands make contact with mine causing the bowl to shatter on the floor at my feet and batter to go everywhere.

I register the fact the my feet are cut up now but I start panicking and bend down to grab the glass and walk around to get towels to pick up the batter before he can get mad. I should really pay attention to what I'm doing.

Damn the beating I am going to get for this..

"Grace! Stop Grace stop you are walking on glass in bare feet"

I stop and look at my feet waiting for him to hit me. While looking down I realize my feet are so bloody they are making a mess also. Damn another mess to clean up.

A couple seconds later I feel him picking me up and sit me on the counter.

"Just stay there Grace please" I look up and he looks upset.

Why couldn't i just stay sitting like he wanted me to?! I wouldn't haven broken the bowl and I wouldn't be in trouble right now. I start crying waiting to get into trouble.

A couple minutes later when he is all done cleaning the floor he starts walking over to me with a wash cloth and a first aid kit. I scoot back on the counter suddenly nervous.

"Hey hey hey Grace Calm down everything is okay, you are going to be okay. I just have to clean your feet and see if there is any glass in the cuts" he bends down and start wiping at my feet and they just keep bleeding. I think I feel glass in my left foot.

Perfect. Just to go with the gash along my thigh.

"Well this one might need stitches and I don't know if i can get the glass out. We are going to have to walk back to the doctors" he looks at me nervous "Is it okay if I carry you? You can't walk with glass in your foot Princess." I just nod my head.
------
About an hour later the doctor is done stitching up my foot, turns out the glass in there was about an inch long and pretty deep. Surprise surprise my thigh start bleeding again too so he washed that too.

"Okay now Grace you won't be able to walk on that foot for awhile. If you do the stitches will rip and you will be right back here okay? Try to stay off that leg too the cut is pretty deep." Dr. Richard says. I just nod my head. "I can give you crutches if you would like but those may be hard to use with your weak state and it may be better just to rest or have someone carry you."

I look over at James to see him smirk a little bit and my cheeks start to heat up. Why am I embarrassed? I should be scared, but weirdly enough I'm not scared at all.

"Thanks Richard" James says. He comes over to me and I don't back away when he picks me up.

We start walking to the house and I realize that this is easily a 20 minutes walk that only took so long the other day because of my slow pace. When we get back to the house he bring me up to his room and sits me down on the bed.

"Princess I know you were trying to help but you really don't have to do a lot okay? I need you resting and eating plenty so you can get better. It's only about 9 right now so I was wondering if you would want to spend the day together maybe" he looks down shyly.

We are gonna spend the whole day together Gracie

That was the first time. I was eight. Only a month after being taken.

I don't even get a month. He wants to start the torture now?!

For the thousandth time since I have met James and being taken, I begin to panic.

*Vote or Comment!<3*