36. James

**This part is going to be in James' POV. I don't know how good this will be and I don't know if I will end up deleting it later but just let me know how it comes out!

Your comments are so nice and I'm glad people are enjoying this book!

P.S. This update is actually pretty long..so enjoy!

-James POV-

I look over to the right as I hear Grace take in a sharp breath after her father yells. I can see something out of the corner of my eye next to her and see an older woman with similar features to her dad.

When I look to see where her and Grace are connected is when I realize that there is a kitchen knife, in this woman's hand, and stabbed into Grace's side.

She says something quietly to Grace and then yanks the knife out before I can even react. I see Grace start to fall and quickly catch her and lower her to the ground. When I look back up both Dante and Cole have the woman pinned to the wall next to the door and the knife is on the ground near their feet.

I quickly turn my attention back to Grace to see her eyes slowly closing.

All of this chaos happened, in a matter of seconds.

I look down and see her eyes drooping.

"Somebody call the pack doctor! NOW!" I look back at Aria to see her with tears in her eyes and my parents holding her, "NOW ARIA, or she will DIE!" I look back down at my mate to see her almost passing out, she can't loose consciousness or there is now telling what could happen to her.

"Come on, baby, GRACE! Can you hear me? Stay with me baby, come on don't close your eyes on my baby. No! Grace! NO! Stay awake!" I start yelling more when her eyes close. I look around to see Aria gone along with my parents, hopefully to find the doctor.

I look up at Dante and Cole to see them staring at Grace in a panic and the woman still pinned by them, smirking.

"Get that thing out of here, NOW!" Dante snaps out of it and takes her and lead her out towards the basement, and hopefully to a cell where she belongs. I quickly take my shirt off and press it into Grace's side trying to stop the bleeding. The blood is coming out too fast and I can't stop it.

"Cole get my something else to stop the blood. She needs more pressure against it!" I look over and her takes him shirt off too and pushes it over mine and both of our hands are firmly pressing into her side trying to stop the bleeding. I realize I am shaking and I can't help it but tears are in my eyes.

What if Grace dies?

I won't be able to lead my pack properly.

I wouldn't be able to function properly.

I couldn't live without this tiny girl in my arms.

And if she makes it out of this, I will spend the rest of my life pampering her and reminding her everyday of how important she is to me, how much of an amazing and beatuiful person she is, and how much I am irrevocably in love with her.

She has to make it.

She is my world and I can literally feel her life draining away from her right in my hands. And there is nothing I can do.

Not even a minute passes before I am getting anxious again.

"Damnit! Where is that doctor!?" I look up to the door way right as an older woman comes through.

"Alpha I need you to let her go so I can look, I am Dr. Kelly"

"Dr. Kelly if I move at all the blood will continue to flow, I-I'm trying to keep p-pressure on it b-but there is so much b-blood! What do I do! H-help me!" I look at her panicking.