Chapter 3: Fire and Ice

Word = narration

"Word" = talking

'Word' = thoughts

["word"] = video, recording, etc.

Word = transformation chant

-11 years ago-

A girl with short, wavy blue hair, blue eyes, and a long canine tooth on the left side of her mouth. She wore a white, collared sleeveless shirt with a black tie and a black mini skirt. She was holding a black guitar, talking to a young Ami wearing a bunny headband, holding a guitar as well but white with gold stripes.

"Alright Ami, you know the chords well now." She said with a smile. "Now you need to tweak your solo." She pointed at one of the strings. Suddenly a boy walked to them.

"Look, guys! The weirdos wanna be rockstars!" He mocked. With an annoyed expression on Deva's face, she turned her hands into ice gauntlets, grabbed him by the collar, and faced him.

"Call my friend a weirdo again and I'll play music by kicking your ass!" She yelled at him, freezing him and kicking him away. She then faced Ami and spoke.

"Ugh! That's why I hate boys." She said with an annoyed tone.

"Ami, promise me something, if I ever happen to like a boy, hit me with whatever you have in reach, alright?" She said to Ami.

"Fine, let's move on," Deva said, continuing the lesson.

-Present-day-

Opening his eyes, Wilson saw Ami looking over him, it was morning already.

"Ugh..." He groaned, covering himself with the blanket over his head and attempted to go back to sleep but couldn't so he got up. He ate breakfast, changed into a simple red shirt and black pants, and followed Ami to the training platform, where Gwain was waiting.

"Alright, If you wanna stay alive, you should know how to defend yourself to protect Ami," Gwain said with her hands crossed. "In this world, threats can come in sizes, amount, and power."

"Since you figured out what you're capable of, I will use my magic." She said. This made Wilson a little- no, EXTREMELY TERRIFIED since the last time she used her magic, it was a near-death experience for him.

"Don't worry, I won't kill you, I'll just use a little of my power." She assured him. He was a little calm now but still afraid.

"Listen! I'll let you pass if you manage to punch me, If I knock you down before that, the sequence won't count." She said.

"A-Alright." He said nervously with a nod, taking out the Driver Ring, yes he called it that and placing it on his right hand then placing it on his belt.

Driver on, Please!

After it transformed, he took out the Ruby Ring and placed it in his left hand. He flipped the lever down and placed his hand on his belt, which he called the Ring Driver.

Flame! Please! Hi! Hi! Hi! Hi! Hi!

As the chant was going, a red glyph with fire coming off it appeared on his left and approached him. It went through him from left to right, forming his armor.

"I'm rea-" Before he could finish, he saw Gwain charged at him without any warning. He blocked the attack but was kicked in the gut, staggering back. He regained balance and went for a punch but was kicked in the face by Gwain. He took advantage of this and grabbed her leg and threw a punch at her but she shot an energy blast at his face, knocking him to the ground.