Chapter Seven

Ok so this chapter is actually new. I decided to add this in to help you understand the development of the story. Let me know if you like it.

Chapter 7

Christian

    He had promised to pick her up that morning.  The memory was the punch in the gut that she had intended to hurt him with the day before.  It was clear that she had every intention of walking home back through the rain. 

His cell phone buzzed twice, "You still haven't sent me the drafts.  No drafts, No reward capiche?"

'Who did this person think they were? The mob?'  He couldn't ruin what relationship he had built with Reagan before the job was done.   Standing up, he explained to Mr. Lawrence that he would drive her home.  Mr. Lawrence nodded and gestured for him to go. 

He caught up to her at the doors in enough time to hear her complain about not wanting to walk through the rain again.  

"Then let me pick you up at the door."  He didn't even have to try to sound sorry. 

"Go away, Christian," she growled and marched out into the storm.

'Stubborn woman,' he steeled himself for the weather and then followed her out. 

"I'm serious Reagan, let me take you home," he yelled.  'Good grief she had walked to school in this?  She's crazy!'

"Can't you take a hint?" Christian barely heard her over the pounding of the rain.  He started jogging to catch up to her.

"I'm sorry!" That's what girls want to hear right?  Apologies? 

"No your not,"  She kept walking.  'Man, how does she know?'

"Don't tell me what I'm not, I really am sorry." Christian had a flash of his father telling him how he felt about everything.  How he should feel about his life.

"Whatever, you don't really care, your just sorry you got called out in front of everyone."  Her accusation was way off.  Christian couldn't care less what other people thought of him.  Right now it only mattered what she thought, and how quickly he could get this job done.

"I do care." he insisted.  She had to believe him.

"Yeah right," She never stopped walking.

"I do." he said firmly. 

"Yeah, and I'm the King of England," she scoffed.

"I'm serious darn it!" he said grabbing her and spinning her to face him.

"I'm really sorry I forgot you this morning," He knew how much it hurt to be forgotten, but he couldn't care about her like that.

Her shoulders dropped, and she looked up at the sky.  For a moment just letting the rain fall on her upturned face.  Her soaked hair was now a dark brown making her already light skin almost luminescent.  There was so much sadness there.   Such pain over a small thing.  Christian didn't know why, but he knew that this was about more than just a ride.

She sighed, "Look ok, so your sorry.  I get that, can you let me go now?  I want to go home." All the fight seem to flood out of her.   

"I can't." he said hoarsely.  "What do you mean you can't? Your arms are still working aren't they?" she asked sarcastically.  He didn't know what had suddenly possessed him, but he needed to kiss her.

"I mean I can't let go of you, not right now." he said glancing down at her lips.  They were turning blue in the cold.

"You don't' even know me," she whispered.  He couldn't explain where this was coming from any better than she could.  There was no rational reason he felt the way he did.  All kissing her was going to do was complicate things, yet here he was about to do just that.

"I know enough,"  He slid his hand behind her neck, and pulled her in closer. 

The horn blasted behind him scaring him.  'Well that can't be good.'  He groaned and stepped away from her.  She looked at him seeming more at a loss than he was.  The driver yelled her name and she ran over looking more embarrassed than he had ever seen her.    She nodded and glanced back at him.  Without even waving she got in the truck and left. 

"Well that was probably for the best," Christian thought aloud.  Shaking his head at himself he headed back inside.

***

A figure stood toward the back of the parking lot.  He had seen everything that had happened, and he shook with rage.  All he felt was a black fathomless anger.  Reagan was his.  She belonged to him and no one else.  Who did this worthless trash think he was to touch her?    She was pure.   She was beauty.  She was not to be tainted by the likes of that foreign scum.

He would figure out a way to be rid of him.  First though he needed to woo his love.  For that is what she was.  He was convinced he had loved her in another life for his love was so strong that it could not have only begun in his current existence.  Yet somehow she didn't know.  She was unaware.  How did she not remember?  How does she not feel the burning of his heart? 

He couldn't just tell her though.  He would help her.