Chapter Three

Chapter Three

Reagan

The rest of the day seemed to drag on.  The headache that had begun forming from her Lit class had proved to be stubborn despite Advil and Tylenol.  Of course, it couldn't be improved at all by the fact that she found she shared four more classes with Christian.

He just always seemed to be there out of the corner of her eye.  That ridiculous smirk permanently plastered on his face. What she wouldn't give to wipe it off!

Once the final bell rang, she quickly gathered her things and hoofed it quickly toward her car.  The beat up '69 mustang was the love of her life.

"Hey Laina, did you miss me?" she whispered as she unlocked the door. 

The car groaned as she got in, "I know, I know it's been a long day for me too."

Putting the key in she silently prayed that she'd start.  Turning the ignition, Rea listened to the engine attempt to turn over.  She quickly turned the key back so as to not waste the battery, or burn up her starter...again.  Once again she sent an assent to the heavens, and tried to start her car. 

Eeeeeeeerrrrrr eeeeeerrrrrr eeeeerrrrrr *cough*

"UGH!!!!" she cried in frustration.

Jumping from her car, all the pressures from the day seemed to build up and boil over.  "Ok listen up you piece of crap! I've tried to be nice to you, I fixed your belt when it was broken, keep you fairly clean, and I haven't ever crashed you.'

Rea ticked the reasons off her fingers as she spoke, "So here the deal, you start and I'll buy you that brand new bumper I've been saving up for? Okay is it a deal?" Reagan knew her car wouldn't answer, but it felt good to finally be able to yell at something for a while.

"No I want new rims, as well"  that stupid English accented voice mocked from behind her. 

Clenching her fists, she turned around.  Christian stood there in all his glory staring at her the same smirk on his face, if not a little bigger.

"I don't need this right now! Especially from you." she seethed. 

"What did I ever do to you?" his face took on an innocence she knew full well he didn't possess.

"I...You...ugh! Just leave me alone!" she couldn't find any reason, that could be shared in current company.

If she told him she had stage fright, he'd laugh at her.  If she told him she didn't want to do the scene, he call her a coward.  Both of which she didn't think she could handle right now in this frame of mind. 

"Awww,' he crooned, 'I made you speechless." he grinned. 

If looks could kill, he would have had a most painful death. 

"Alright, alright.  I'm sorry let me give you a ride." he offered raising his hands as if in surrender.  She blinked a couple of times,

"No thanks." her voice was flat.  "Oh come on, you know you want to..." he winked at her again. 

Reagan just wanted to go home and lay down on her bed, but this terrible person was keeping her from it. 

"Ok look, I don't care what made you take such an interest in me.  I don't want your help, I don't need your help, and I thank you to please outside of Literature, leave me the heck alone!" Her voice steadily rose till she realized that everyone was staring at her. 

The heat rose up into her face, and just kept getting hotter.  Oh great this is how it starts.  She began counting in her head if she didn't calm down, by the time she got to twenty, there would be no hope.

"Are you ok?" he looked completely unfazed by her speech,

"Because you look like a strawberry" he grinned.

She began to see the black dots in her vision, Oh god, she thought, not again. 

"Did I make you blush, I did didn't I? Don't worry, you're not the first, but I'll try to tone it down for your sake."

Reagan didn't know why, but whatever reason, his taunts seemed to help.

"Yes I do believe you have a very powerful effect on people, their gag reflex must have become very familiar to you." she threw him a reproachful scowl, relishing in the fact that her embarrassment had turned to anger.

He threw a hand over his heart as though she had truly wounded him. "Come on, see now you have to let me give you a ride, because obviously your over rout and your not thinking clearly." he grabbed her wrist and began to tow her toward the other side of the parking lot.

"I don't wanna go," she whined, like a child.

She was just too tired to fight anymore. While she didn't want to go, she might as well enjoy the trip, she thought as she noticed that his jeans clung to his behind lovingly,

"Well that's just too bad isn't it?" he called over his shoulder.

She stuck her tongue out at him. "Careful, I just might take you up on your offer." she brought her tongue back in so fast she almost swallowed it.  He chuckled wickedly.  Rea realized hadn't been paying much attention to what was going on around her, but she suddenly saw which car he was taking her to, and she practically fell down.

"That's a...a...a... 2017 GT Mustang convertible," she gasped out.

He glanced at her, his smirk back on his face, "Yep, this is Ashley" he introduced her to the beautiful car.

Ashley was completely cherry. Surely the fact that the green matched his eyes perfectly was a coincidence.  She tried remain calm and not drool all over the car.

"It's all right." she managed.

He smirked, "Yeah, just try and hide the lust, for my car in your eyes.  I'd prefer it was for myself."

Rolling her eyes, she opened the door and got in, "Yeah, nice try Brit, but I'm definitely more attracted to your car than you," the lie came so easily she almost believed it herself.

"Right, so that's why you were checking out my arse the whole way over here?" he raised an eyebrow at her.

'Crap! He saw that?!'

"I don't know what your talking about," Rea looked out the window.  'Now it's my turn to feign innocence.'

"Sure," Christian didn't sound like he believed her in the slightest.