Chapter 4

Eri's POV:
I woke up sweating and shaking. It was another dream. I took a deep breath to try and calm myself but it ended up being more of a wheeze. I couldn't get air- I needed air- I need someone please- I-I can't breathe-help me
Then I heard a knock at the door
"Eri are you alright"
It was Deku. I forgot how thin these walls are.
"Eri I'm gonna come in if you don't mind"
I stayed quiet.
Deku's POV 5 mins before:
I woke up around three AM. I heard sobbing from next door. Eri. I don't know what to do, or how to console someone. After what she has been through i'm shocked she was able to stay strong for so long. I was about to decide to leave her alone because I feel like she would be embarrassed if I walked in on her crying, then I heard her gasping for air. She might need help. I slowly and quietly opened my door.
I walked over to the other side of the hall and knocked quietly.
"Eri are you alright" I asked
I paused for a moment. No answer.
"Eri I'm gonna come in if you don't mind"
No answer again.
I slowly creaked the door open a little and what I saw almost broke my heart.
Eri was on the floor rocking back and fourth, shaking, and sobbing. I didn't think she was having the easiest time breathing by now.
I ran over to her, " Eri what happened?"
"Nothing- i just n-need air." She said in almost a whisper.
"I have an idea but I need you to try and stay strong for a minute okay?"
"I-I can try"
I picked her up bridal style and covered her in a blanket. I activated my quirk and ran to Recovery Girl's office. She wasn't asleep because she naps during the day so if they need it students can come at night.
"Recovery Girl, help! Eri cant breathe!"
"Set her down here, she will be alright." Sh answered calmly
I set her down and without noticing I began to pace. Recovery Girl fixed her physically very fast. But that was not what I was worried about. I was worried about Eri's mental state. Why was she having a panic attack at three in the morning? What did Overhaul do to her? Did he- no she would have told me if things had gone that far. Right?
Eri's POV:
I had passed out a while ago, while Deku was carrying me over here. When I woke up I saw him pacing around the room muttering to himself. I cant believe I caused him so much pain. I feel awful.
"Eri your awake!"
"Yeah" was all I could muster
"A-are you okay?"
" Yea I'm fine, just a bad dream." Now I was flat out lying. It felt so real. And it caused me so much pain, how could it be just a dream?
"Oh okay. Do you need anything?"
"No i think Ill be alright."
"Okay then. I'm gonna head back to the dorms."
"Wait Deku, actually..."
"What is it Eri?"
"Will you stay?" It was barely audible
"Of course" he answered without hesitation.
He came and laied next to me and pulled me into his arms. I felt better already. He was warm and strong, but caring and soft. I never realized how much it meant to have a friend like him.
"Deku?" I whispered
"Yea"
"Thank you- for everything"
AHHHHH 589 words I'm sorry! I know it sucks ill make it up to you guys soon I promise. I feel awful but I thought this was a good place to end this chapter. ALSO, I have no idea what to do next. If anyone has an idea please reach out to me. (Comment or message).
That's all for now! Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk!