Chapter 7

The final few stages of the examinations were a series of questions

The final few stages of the examinations were a series of questions .. and facing them, Aurora too, sat in thought.

Aurora's reason for becoming a hunter? She didn't too much have one. It was more or less that the girl simply wanted to meet people or have something spending her time to do. She certainly didn't need money when she already had plenty lying around somewhere. She didn't exactly need a license to be excused from killing. No reasons to find her parents either since they were in hell.

Out of the other remaining applicants, her amethyst eyes were most likely settled on two certain bone heads, Killua and Gon, whom, in the presence of one another, lacked the most basic common sense.

Of all applicants she'd least wish to fight? Quite the obvious question. Kurapika and Killua. Kurapika whom she'd grown to admire in a way for his (actual use of his brain) and Killua, just because he was Killua.

She wouldn't mind fighting Leorio. At first, he seemed like a bland tasteless man with a very strong ambition. Soon enough, he some-what proved her wrong with a series of rather unpredicted events. But in the end, when it came down to morals, he and Gon were likely the strongest.

The urge to fight Gon was not one fueled of grudge, merely playfulness.

As they all rounded up to see what the final phase of the trial was all about, they realized it was a simple one to one fight. Kurapika tapped her shoulder, causing her to turn around curiously. Aurora was fighting either Hanzo or Gon, depending on which one won in the first match.

"Are you okay with fighting Gon?" Kurapika asked. Aurora smiled. The blonde haired boy was like a worried mom as she nodded in reassurance. "Course! I actually wanted to kind of fight him." Aurora giggled, glancing over to the boy who sent her a grin. "Same here, but I don't plan on losing against Hanzo." The boy said triumphantly causing both Kurapika and Aurora to laugh in amusement.

"Will you be okay fighting Hisoka though?" The girl asked, as she sent a glance toward the Jester who seemed rather laid back about the entire thing. Kurapika nodded. "I'll find a way, besides, killing isn't allowed."

The girl looked at him uneasily. Killing may not have been allowed but that didn't mean Hisoka wouldn't do it. After all, he had done it last year and multiple times before during this exam.

Everyone watched uneasily as Gon was taking beat-down after beat-down. Kurapika and Leorio were beginning to lose a slip of his composure as the clock ticked pass-- and Killua began to slowly sharpen his dulled blade. "Kurapika, your eyes." Aurora had mentioned as she tapped his forehead, making him feel some how lighter.

They watched in surprise as Gon sent a strong kick toward Hanzo, sending him skidding, much to his surprise. They made some talk while Killua looked around with clenched teeth, obviously confused.

He had every right to be. Gon's arm was still broken, he was heavily injured and from what she could notice, he probably had internal bleeding and loads of bruising. The situation still hadn't changed with that one measly kick that Gon sent.