Chapter 41

The white of newborn daisy petal clouds that filled the sky in an almost iridescent goldenrod of fluorescent lights, a sanctuary of only the blessed, and a haven specially for the safe

The white of newborn daisy petal clouds that filled the sky in an almost iridescent goldenrod of fluorescent lights, a sanctuary of only the blessed, and a haven specially for the safe. If Aurora was the same child when she was five, she'd describe the soft warm place as .. fluffy.

It was soft, filled with amenity. A refuge for the forsaken. An artificial heaven for those who could never make it to the empyrean skies; deserted and forlorn for self function, wondering where they had gone wrong. Where and when had they not reached the bar set for them, looming and hovering over their heads like a festering mingling spirit.

Aurora always harbored a vague, mysterious fear for places such as the one before her eyes.

It was so blinding.

It was too pure, making her feel uncertain about where her true substantive self-hood stood. With every step she took, it became lighter laced with hesitation that mended itself into shoes, afraid that her ebony would discolor the porcelain ambience.

The framework of those enlightened with faith, and the condemption of those who sought desecration.

It was so white there were no shadows. She felt entirely insecure, exposed and vulnerable. The light was not her sanctuary.

However, Aurora couldn't help but still be awestruck. A place for the righteous, like Gon, yet there she stood, as a killer, causing even the angels to shy away and abandon a place they called their pride and joy. A realm in which defied reality, but blurred truth.

"Never thought I'd make it to heaven." Aurora still had some bitter humor pent within as she pat the floor and sat down on what she assumed to be a cloud— or cotton candy. She was too afraid of Killua's scolding if she were to pluck a piece and try it.

If she'd ever even see him again.

Noah walked past her seating where he tapped his foot twice on the ground and an modestly sized oval shape was drawn into the ground and it sunk like quick sand, surfacing a clear blue hued liquid, despite there being no cerulean sky.

Aurora fought the urge to let out an excited squeal at how her brother had created a pond in two movements, but for the sake of face, she sufficed with just a small shimmer in her eye.

Noah scoffed. "Tch, did you think you'd make it here with me next to you— or even the blood flowing through your veins?"

"I wouldn't have made it here regardless, you prick." Aurora retorted snappily before she let out a sigh, seemingly exhaling her partial anger as well and soothed her soul into the acceptance of melancholy. "It's so empty here .." She muttered.

"Forgive you for stating the obvious. After all, with the filthy curse mom placed on you before she died, even the angels would run." Aurora looked on her shoulders, as per usual she saw nothing but her milky white skin.