Sephiroth x Reader

This was requested by JanelleKnapp.

____________________________________

"Maybe I am a monster," you said, looking down at your hands.

You balled your hands into fists, storming out of the Shinra Mansion. You walked into the mountains, sitting on a ledge overlooking the town of Nibleheim. You found some loose rocks near you. You picked them up one at a time, throwing them over the mountain side.

What is wrong with me? you asked yourself.

You had recently learned that both you and Sephiroth had been victims of the Science Department. Hojo had been conducting experiments on you since you were a young child.

You knew that there was something different about you. While growing up, you always found yourself exceeding the abilities of other children your age. You were stronger, faster, and smarter. You never had any friends to talk to because you were so different.

You spent a few days in the Shinra Mansion doing research on the Jenova project. After scanning through all of the reports, you felt your emotions build up: anger, fear, sadness and confusion, driving you into a state of disbelief. Once your mind had grasped the concept, anger flooded your being.

You let out a cry of anger from your spot on the mountain. You grabbed your head, pulling your head to your knees while you screamed. You looked out into the brown, dusty mountains surrounding you.

"How is it that something like this could happened?" you cried.

You laid down on your side, curling up into a ball. Tears ran down the side of your face, wetting the ground underneath you.

"They've kept this hidden from us," you sobbed.

A hand was placed on your shoulder. You looked up and looked into the cat-like eyes of a SOLDIER 1st Class. He sat down next to you, letting his feet dangle off of the side of the mountain.

No words were exchanged as you sat there. You both felt the same pain of learning about your past. You had some suspicions when Genesis and Angeal left. You thought there was a slight possibility of being test subjects, but you never fully believed it. Now, here you were, learning that you were just like them.

Sephiroth wrapped his arms around your shoulder, pulling you closer to him. You rested your head on his chest, tears sliding down your cheeks. Sephiroth gently put his hand on your face, lightly rubbing his thumb against your cheek.

You heard a sniffle from Sephiroth. You sat back and looked up at him. You saw a single tear falling down his face. He quickly wiped it away when you saw it.

You wrapped your arms around his waist, placing a small peck on his cheek.

"My whole life was a lie," he said in a shaky voice.

You nodded your head. "What do we do now?" you asked.

"We need to do whatever Mother wishes," Sephiroth replied.

"What do you mean?" you asked.

"We must destroy this planet, allowing her to move to the next planet," Sephiroth said.

"Wouldn't that mean...?" you started.

"Yes," Sephiroth said, as if reading your mind. "That would mean that we also could be destroyed. But I won't let anything happen to you. I will keep you safe."

"Thank you, Sephiroth," you said.

You sat on the mountain, leaning your head back on Sephiroth 's chest. He started running his hands through your hair, causing you to fall asleep.

Once you had awoken, Sephiroth got up and started walking back to Nibleheim. You followed him. When you got to the town, Zack was standing with the two Infantry members.

"Where have you been? I was starting to worry about you guys," Zack said, running over.

Sephiroth grabbed his sword, holding it out towards Zack.

"Woah," Zack mumbled, raising his hands in surrender.

Sephiroth turned and used his fire materia to set a nearby building on fire.

You quickly backed away from the flames. Everyone around you was shocked. You looked at Sephiroth.

"We must carry out Mother's will," he said, grabbing your hand.

As the town started burning, you used your own magic to set more houses on fire. Tears fell down you face as you did it.

Sephiroth led you to the Mako Reactor in the mountains, binging your inside. You met with the mayor of the town. Sephiroth, with one swift movement of his sword, cut through the man's torso. Sephiroth dropped his sword and walked on.

He stood in the doorway labeled "J-E-N-O-V-A". He turned to you, giving you a hug.

"I swear that I will keep you safe from their madness," he said.

Sephiroth leaned down, his lips landing on yours. You closed your eyes, falling into the kiss. Sephiroth pulled back, looking into your (E/C) eyes.

"I love you, (Y/N), and I will do anything you wish me to do," he said.

You quickly fell into his arms, hugging him.

____________________________________

Happy Halloween you guys!!!