Nero x Reader

This was requested by KitKat807.

______________________________

"Hey Nero, you have a guest," Weiss said after answering the door.

"Who is it?" Nero asked.

"Who do you think it is?" Weiss replied.

"Is it-" Nero stopped when his head peeked around the corner. "Oh, um, hi there."

"Hi, Nero," you said. "I was wondering if you wanted to have lunch together. Would you like to do that?"

"Uh... yes," Nero said.

Before you left his place, you saw that Weiss had been teasing him. You walked to where they were and they stopped. Weiss gave Nero a push, just enough to get Nero to bump into you. You let out a small awkward giggle as Nero, clearly embarrassed, turned and glared at his brother. Once he turned around and took a deep breath, he was ready to go.

"Where is it that you's like to eat?" Nero asked.

"I was thinking at the restaurant in Wall Market," you answered. "I've heard that they have very good food."

Nero nodded and you took off. As you were walking, Nero stopped by a small patch of grass and sat down.

"Are you tired?" you asked, sitting down next to him. "We don't have to go all the way out there if you don't want to."

"It's not that," Nero said. "I just... Look!"

You looked up to where he pointed. You saw the sky as the sun hit a cloud perfectly to where it reflected the light all throughout. You had never seen clouds when you've had the chance to see the sky.

"Wow, it's so beautiful," you said in awe.

"Just like someone else I know," Nero said.

You turned and looked at him and he quickly looked in the opposite direction. When he looked back at you, his face was red.

"Are you okay? You didn't get a sunburn, did you?" you laughed.

Nero started to chuckle, but shook his head.

"No, I shouldn't have said that," Nero said.

"And why's that?" you asked.

"We've been friends for a long time, and I don't want to ruin that," Nero said.

"What's there to ruin about our friendship?" you asked.

"I want to be more than friends. I've had these feelings for you for a while and Weiss has done nothing but mess with me since I told him," Nero said. ""Ask her, Nero. What's the worst she's gonna say, no?'" he said, making fun of Weiss.

You both laughed. You explained that you were glad to be asked and that you felt the same way. You sat and watched the sky for a little bit before you continued on your way beneath the Plate. You went to lunch at the diner in Wall Market and got the lunch special. You sat at a small booth and ate, laughing at different jokes and chatting.

On your way back home, you stopped at the same spot that you watched the sky. You talked about maybe going out and riding chocobos, and Nero knew just where to go. You arrived at a small chocobo stable and you saw different colored birds in their stables.

"Can we rent two chocobos for an hour?" Nero asked the man running the stable.

"Sure," the man said, getting two yellow birds for you to ride. He helped you onto the bird and taught you how to ride them. Once he was done with his lecture, you and Nero took off. You raced around the area, having a great time. The time flew and before you knew it, you had to return the chocobos. You gave the birds back to the man you rented them from and walked back home.

You grabbed Nero's hand on your way back and held on until you stepped on the doorstep. Before you left, you gave Nero a hug, resting your head on his shoulder as you both held on to each other. Right before you were ready to let go, you heard the door open.

"I knew all you needed was a little push," Weiss said.

Nero let go and rolled his eyes while shaking his head. He gave you a small smile before he ran into the house after his brother. You stood there and laughed as you watched Nero disappear through the door.