Chapter Thirty Two: A Thousand Slow Moving Hours

Exams are over and that means updates! As it is midnight and the 19th of january, it's officially my birthday! My birthday gift to you is this update haha :) ignore weird mistakes and enjoy the chapter xx

* * *

Chapter Thirty Two: A Thousand Slow Moving Hours

I love you.

She loves me.

Me.

She actually loves me.

I’m not sure how long I repeated those words to myself as I laid in bed that night, staring into the darkness. The thought of sleep was far from my mind as thoughts of Jessica and the album swarmed to the front of my mind. The three pictures were forever engraved in my memory, as if I’d stuck them onto my forehead so that it was hanging directly in front of my eyes and I was staring right at it. As much as my memory fails me in school, I’ll never be able to get those pictures out of my head.

“Damn,” I swore quietly, sitting up and running a hand through my hair.

She’s got a thing for first moves, I’ll admit. And as extremely attractive that is, my pride was getting a beating by it.

I need to tell her – not just because of my pride, but because of the other thing poking the back of my brain in the midst of all this.

My dad.

I fucking refuse to be the bastard he was. It’s like the older I get, the more pieces of information get thrown into the flame already fueling my hatred for him. Now that I know what he did to my mom, there’s an urgency for me to get home, pull Jessica into my arms, and tell her how much she really means to me. My mom died while in a marriage of pity – had been with a guy for a long time where the love wasn’t true. I’ll be damned if I drag on my holding back the words anymore longer.

The minute my plane lands in New York, I will be at her doorstep.   

But the thing with wanting the time to hurry the hell up is that now, it’s not going to do that.

* * *

It took two days of beyblade tournaments, TV marathons, raiding the kitchen for snacks, and playing mindless minigames on the computer we found in an office before Chris and I were close to the edge of complete and utter boredom.

“Reece,” he had wailed as he dramatically fell flat against my bed last night, “can we please do something else tomorrow? I’m so bored!”

It didn’t take him long to convince me for a day at the beach. Ever since I caught an early glimpse of Jessica’s little Christmas surprise from me in the photo album, I’ve been counting down the minutes to the day I can finally get home to her and let me tell you, the time is slowing more and more with each glance at a single clock.