Chapter Twenty Eight: A Thousand Past and Current Loves

ignore weird mistakes and typos, enjoy xx

* * *

a thousand thoughts running through my head
a thousand words waiting to be said
I can't let you go this time
I will never get you off my mind

but I will go a thousand miles
to find you
I would wait a thousand years
to love you
to hold you

the butterflies can fly away
knowing that your safe
the love birds can sing there songs again
but I know I will love you no matter what you do
I will sing a thousand love songs for you

- the ohso talented kitkatcat146 who wrote a beautiful song inspired by this story. listen to the full song to the side and give it love in the comments xx

* * *

Chapter Twenty Eight: A Thousand Past and Current Loves

"So, I'm guessing you and Livvy had a thing together," Jessica blurted out to me as we sat in front of the school steps later that day. The halls were almost completely empty besides the lingering students and teachers still inside.

"You've guessed right."

"Why the icy shoulder? Cold isn't even a fitting adjective anymore."

I released a sigh, my chin falling onto the palm of my hand as I stared blankly ahead at the passing cars. "Judging by the horrifying reaction you and Mira had walking into the classroom, I think you can pretty much guess what she did," I drawled.

Jessica's lips tightened in a tight line. "I want to hear you say it, Reece."

"You want to hear me say that she cheated on me? That she went to a party and fucked another guy – sober, might I add. This wasn't some drunk mistake." My tone had gone sour, as it always does when Livvy is the topic of conversation.

She squirmed a bit at my bitter attitude and let out a simple, "Oh," adding, "How long were you two together?"

"A little over a year," I replied, flicking a piece of lint off my jeans.

"That's a long time," Jessica said with surprised, wide eyes.

And it was a long time – part of the reason why I'm still so cold about it. A lot of great memories can be created within that kind of timespan and, at the time, it really sucked having known my girlfriend of so long would willingly stab me in the back like that.

"Did you love her?" Jessica asked quietly.

"She was my first love actually, so yeah. I've heard that first love dies hard and, man, did it." I whistled with a shake of my head, not catching the look of discomfort that flashed across Jessica's face. "It felt like all that time we spent together, all the memories we created, just went to waste once I found out she cheated on me. I guess that feeling comes with every breakup, though. The days you spent with that person is time you can never get back, and to have a load crap come with it at the end is bound to make you feel like shit."