Challenge Five: District Tributes

I clutched Atlas' hand as Samual and Nerias walked further and longer into the corridor that eventually led to a tall and spacious building that reached up to about 12 floors or so. I craned my neck back to take in the entire view and gaped at how tall this skyscraper was.

Nerias stood by the door, holding it open for Samual, Atlas, and I. Nerias followed right after. "Welcome to your new home before the games! This building is the 'living quarters' for us four until the games begin. Really, it's like an apartment/pent house mash up to fit everybody and give them their space. We, being from District Six are right smack in the middle of this place! Not too high, not too low, but perfect!" Samual said, his excitement showing in how fast he walked to the elevators.

Atlas and I followed him as swiftly as we could into the elevator and we saw Nerias take his sweet old time to get in with us. I looked over at Samual and cautiously asked, "I had a journal and pen with me in the train.. Did you guys bring that..?"

Samual cocked his eyebrows towards me and then to Nerias who squeezed in with us. He pressed the 6 button and we escalated up to the designated floor. "Yeah, probably. I believe it should be in your room."

I nodded and took a deep breath of relief. That journal had my thoughts and emotions. I didn't want it being lost and ending up in the wrong hands.

We finally arrived on our floor. The metallic elevator doors slid open and we stepped into our new home. On our left was the dining room and to our right, down some steps was the living room. Off the right of the dining room was the kitchen and straight in front of us was a hallway that split into three different directions. Those were probably leading to the bedrooms.

A woman smiled sweetly at Samual and came walking to us. She grabbed his arm gently and guided him into the kitchen, saying that it was time to take some pills. Samual smiled big and wide and nodded at the woman. Nerias watched in disbelief and shook his head. He turned to us and grumbled, "I'll show you guys to your rooms.. Then I want to show you something."

We nodded and followed Nerias down the hallway to the split of hall. He turned left and continued down further to the end. He turned to us and motioned to the doors opposite of each other. "Ladies on the right, men on the left. Everything you need is in there, like clothes and a bathroom. You both can see inside there later. I really want to show you two something. Come. Follow me."

I held on Atlas' hand and arm as we followed Nerias back through the hallway and into the elevator. He called out as the doors were sliding shut, "We're going out! Back later!"

Samual shouted, "I DONT GIVE A FUCK!"

Nerias scoffed and rolled his eyes. He pressed a button on the pad and the elevator jolted awake. I leaned against Atlas' side and squeezed his hand gently. Atlas nudged me playfully but said nothing. I looked up at Nerias and saw a smirk playing on his lips. I blushed and waited for the metal doors to slide open and show where we were going.

Eventually they did and Nerias stepped aside so we can step out. I gasped and looked around. It was a fantastically lit garden on the very top of the building. I looked over the edge and saw the entire Capitol. I smiled big and looked around my entire surroundings once more.

"Holy.. Wow! This place is beautiful!" I said gleefully. I ran around the perimeter and took in everything. I looked over at Atlas who was standing there awkwardly, waiting. I ran up to him and smiled big. "Atlas! It's a garden! Come sit; I'll describe every single little thing!"

Atlas smiled and rolled his eyes playfully. "Not this again.." He muttered. I laughed and smacked his shoulder gently. "Stop that I really try to be a good describer!"