Challenge Four: Chariot Ride

A/N: Hey everyone! Again, thanks for reading thus far. Feedback is always a huge plus! Another note is that the "media" or picture or whatever the pic is..? The header? Well the image of the female is Cherokee! bandposters might post the Atlas pic but I'm not sure. She probably is. Anyways enjoy this challenge!

I felt the sun's rays beating down into the room. I pulled the blanket even higher and over my head so that the light wouldn't bother me. It didn't do much help since the sheets were nearly transparent. During the night the bed spread moved around with my tossing and turning and eventually ended up on the ground. I didn't even bother to pick it back up; exhaustion took its toll on my being.

It was fairly early in the morning, maybe 6 or 7 and not a single soul was stirring in the train; it was quite tranquil and quiet. From the other side of the bed, Atlas took a deep breath and sprawled out. He flung his arm out and whacked me straight on the chest. I jumped awake and sat up quickly just as Atlas shot up and fell out of bed.

"Oh my god Cherokee?! What are you doing in my room? And in my bed?! Oh my god... We didn't right?! Please tell me we didn't!" Atlas yelled, panic rising in his voice.

I scooted back on the bed and fell backwards onto the bed spread. "No! Of course not! Don't you remember?! I had a nightmare and asked if I can sleep with you! You called me the biggest baby!" I yelled back, panicking mentally. I leaned back and pondered, "You thought we had S-E-X?! WE JUST MET!" My brain wasn't awake enough to process all this.

Atlas stood up and ran his hands through his hair. "Damn.. I-I don't remember any of that.. But it does sound familiar.... Where did I hurt you?" Atlas asked, sitting on the bed and leaning over to help me up. I grabbed his hand and stood up, too embarrassed to say he whacked me right in the boob.

"Just my arm." I said simply, rubbing my temples once more. God, not another headache I thought.

Atlas shrugged and stood up confused. "I think I'm going to shower.. Now where is my towel?"

I watched him and smiled slightly, "Walk straight about 5 steps and then turn left. Walk about 8 or 9 steps and the towel is on the floor from when you threw it at me!"

Atlas smirked and followed my instructions. I observed him and saw the rat's nest on top of his head. This boy has severe bed head and only the pulsating water jets can matte it down. I snickered and laid back down on the bed.

Atlas picked up his towel and retreated to the bathroom without my instructions. He's got that place all figured out.

I didn't necessarily want to leave. It was cold in the train and the sheets kept me warm. To cure my boredom, I looked in the drawers of the nightstand and found a pen and a journal. Finally, something I was used to. I leaned over the side of the bed and grabbed the journal and pen and began scribbling and doodling. There really was no meaning behind it, just that expressing myself through words and art helped me collect my thoughts.

I sat back and looked at my nails, trying to come up with a poem to describe my current situation. Nothing came to mind because all I could focus on was the water hitting the porcelain shower floor and Atlas humming a tune I was quite unfamiliarized with. His music reminded me I had to get ready before that grumpy old man or Nerias came searching for me and found me in Atlas' room.

I stood up, journal and pen pressed tightly against my chest, and walked to the bathroom. "Atlas? I'm going to get ready. I'll meet you in the dining room, okay? I'll set your clothes out on the bed. We don't want you trashing your entire room again!"

Atlas laughed softly and simply said, "Okay." And with that, I went out to his room, picked out his outfit and set it down on the bed, and retreated back to my room to shower and get dressed.