Tie-In Comics pt. 1: Breaking Loose

Summary: After their adventure at Project Cadmus, Silverbird, Robin, Kid Flash, and Aqualad have a new mission...protecting a CEO from the League of Shadows.

Note: So, I originally didn't do this one, but I read it, and I wanted to, so here we are. This technically takes place before the Histories one-shot I posted a few months ago, which is why I changed up the order of the tie-in comic one-shots. This is Issues #3 and #4.

I'm also planning several AUs for this book, including an Angel AU, one based on the Warrior cats books, and maybe even an Old West AU, along with Part 2 to the Dick Grayson, Cat Wonder one-shot I posted a while ago.

-----

C E N T R A L  C I T Y
July 9, 13:28 CDT

Reese and Dick stood in front of Wally and Aqualad at a small cafe in Central City, the four of them all dressed in civvies as the two youngest held, well, Robin held, a photograph of a dark-haired woman up in front of the other two.

Wally looked confused, and he tilted his head to the side.

"So," the redhead began. "Why am I looking at a picture of..." he trailed off, obviously not recognizing the woman, though honestly, Reese hadn't expected him to.

"Her name's Gonzalez," Dick explained.

"Selena Gonzalez," Reese added, but Wally's expression didn't change. Instead, he only crossed his arms and leaned back in his chair.

"And we care why?" the speedster asked again, before waving a hand. "I mean, aside from the fact that she's a hottie?"

Reese grimaced. "Ew," she said. "KF, she's, like, twice your age," But, the speedster only shrugged, a few seconds before Dick got them both back on track.

"She's here in Central City," Robin began explaining again. "And being targeted for a hit. There's a reason..."

"We just don't know what it is yet," Reese continued. From what she and Dick had dug up, Selena Gonzalez seemed like a relatively normal person. Aside from her business dealings, there wasn't really anything about her that screamed 'assassinate me!'.

"Well," Robin said, tilting his head to the side. "We might have found something related to her,"

"Related how?" Aqualad asked, quirking an eyebrow as Reese turned to stare at Dick. She knew she wasn't one of the 'World's Greatest Detectives' like Batman and Robin, but she was investigative to her own right.

"Looking through Batman's files," the black-haired Boy Wonder began. "I found that there have been a few targets. Seemingly unrelated, but I've cross-referenced tons of data and I think I've found a pattern,"

Reese had to admit, Dick's plan had been pretty ingenious, but Wally still looked a bit discombobulated.

"Looking through?" the redhead echoed before his eyes widened. "You mean you hacked into Batman's files!" 

Wally's exclamation was louder than the speedster probably intended, and for a moment, the four of them froze, but when none of the civilians surrounding them reacted, Rese relaxed again, before crossing her arms and fixing Wally with a look.

"You sound surprised," she deadpanned, but Wally only shrugged. Figuring they were getting off-track again, Reese sighed. "Look," she began. "Based on what we're saying, this CEO is probably next on the list,"

"Exactly," Dick added. "All the other targets have been made to look like accidents, random muggings gone wrong, things like that--anyway, I figured we could look into this,"