Avengers Crossover: <<Of Waynes & Starks>>

Summary: In a world where the Justice League & Avengers work within the same universe, things are bound to get tricky, especially when Damian Wayne falls for the daughter of Tony Stark

Note: Another scrapped draft, with references to Always & Forever, since this was originally going to be the fifth book (don't ask me where I get my ideas, because I don't know). In short, this takes place...two years(?) after book 4, which would take place between Invasion and Outsiders, and I made Wally come back because duh. So, he is now the new Flash, Bart's Kid Flash, Damian's Robin, etc.

I wrote this before Outsiders came out, so obviously I didn't know Damian was going to be that baby on Infinity Island, but this is fanfiction so IT DOESN'T MATTER.

Also, Romanogers is my all-time Marvel OTP, so be prepared for that. BruceTasha was just...no.

This is a long one and focuses more on Damian and Brooke's friendshippy thing than Disalyn, but really, it's all about context. I also realized I have a habit of injuring Reese. A lot.

WARNING: There are mentions of an attempted school shooting in here, but there's nothing graphic and nobody dies, but I just wanted to put that as a warning.

-----

Avengers Tower; September 3rd, 07:15

"Miss Brooke, Agent Romanov is requesting entrance. Shall I let her in?" the voice of Tony Stark's personal AI butler, JARVIS, woke Brookelyn Isadora Stark from a restful dreamless sleep. The fourteen-year-old daughter of New York's own multi-billionaire Tony Stark cracked one eye open and glanced at her bedroom door.

"Let her in, JARVIS," Brooke said before she threw back the covers on her bed and sat up, running a hand through her long, light brown hair. Today was the day that Brooke would be starting at Gotham Academy, a school that Tony still wasn't entirely okay with, considering it was in Bruce Wayne's territory.

Brooke didn't know what it was, but things between the two billionaires were always a bit... strained, for lack of a better word. The press had a field day when they realized the two Northeastern philanthropists couldn't stand each other.

"Good morning маленькая птица," the Black Widow said, surprisingly fond. Most people thought that the Red Room assassin was an unfeeling killing machine, but that simply wasn't true. Sure, Natasha, or Tasha as she allowed Brooke, Clint, and Steve to call her, was actually quite warm and generous, once you got past the frigid Russian exterior.

" 'morning Tash," Brooke said, yawning as she stretched her arms like a rested feline. That was one thing Steve and Bucky said they had in common. Both Natasha and Brookelyn had the grace and poise of a jungle cat. So, it was a bit ironic that Tasha's pet name for Brooke was "little bird". "How's my dad?" Natasha laughed.

"Still pissed off that you decided to go to Gotham Academy instead of one of the private schools in Manhattan," She was right, Brooke could hear Tony pacing and grumbling under his breath about brooding Gothamites and bats. Ah, the irony.

"Please, he'll get over it in a few days. Though it might last longer if I end up being friends with one of Bruce Wayne's boys," Bruce Wayne was famous for taking in orphans off the street, even if his youngest was his actual son. It was a strange situation, to say the least. Natasha chuckled again, and Brooke stood up to grab the Gotham Academy uniform from her closet.

The Black Widow suddenly turned serious and wrapped one hand around Brookelyn's wrist as the younger girl went to grab her messenger bag.

"If anyone in Gotham, it doesn't have to be a Wayne, tries to take advantage of you in any way, show them what I taught you, да?" Brookelyn rolled her eyes. It was no secret that Tony Stark's daughter had inherited her attractiveness from her father, and it constantly made her the target of various "admirers".