Chapter 2: Ariving in Florida

My feet plopped in the inches of rain that fell overnight. I tried to keep my luggage from dragging in the wetness, so far that was going well.

as for my pant legs, socks and shoes, not so much.

My jacket was drenched as well. Rain began to seep into my shirt. Damn, it never rained this hard in Italy.

I quickly made my way from the airport onto the streets of St. Petersburg. My eyes scanned the streets for any bright yellow cars. Isn't that how taxies look in America?

In Italy they're usually green. Cry had told me the directions, so at least I knew where i was going.

I had to constantly wipe away forming films of rain that glazed over my eyes every minute.

Filtering through the bleak grayness around me, I scanned the streets.

After several minutes of waiting under a awning, I finally saw one. I ran out from the only thing that sheltered me from the pouring rain, "Taxi!" I yell, waving my hands in the air. The car came to a hault. I was do surprised the driver heard me over the weather.

But the man slowly pulled the car to the side of the road and I opened the back door, running back to grab my dripping bags and throwing them and myself into the backseat.

The driver glanced back at me, one brow raised.

"Where ya heading, kid?"

I brung up the text that had all the directions to his house and read them back to the man.

He turned back in his seat and put the car in gear.

I watched out the window as the tires spun and kicked up puddles of rain water, making it sprout straight up, blurring out whatever was on the other side of the windows.

I wrapped my arms around myself, rubbing them to try to get some friction to make sone warmth.

Just as I sunk back in my seat, sighing, it dawned upon me.

I was here. In Florida. And I was going to be here in Florida with Cry.

And on cue,

I felt my pocket buzz.

I pulled out my phone and clicked the top button, causing a bright light to illuminate the area around me.

Before reading the alert, I happened to catch the time.

11:12 P.M.

The sky outside was now pitch black, the moon and stars brightness was muffled by blankets of thick clouds.

Time flew by so quickly.

I shook my head, remembering why I had this out.

My eyes ran left to right across the screen, reading the text I had gotten.

Cry:

11:11 P.M.

I'm so sorry. I looked outside, taking my head out of the computer, realizing it was pouring outside. You're probably soaking man. I'm really sorry bro.

I smile.

Nah bro. It's fine c:

But yeah, I'm pretty drenched, mind fetchin me a towel?

It wasn't long before I gotta reply.

Cry:

11:14 P.M.

Gotcha, friend.

I reply okay, cya then and lock my phone, sliding it back into my pocket and resting my head against the cold leather seat.