Chapter 4: Decisions

-Ryan's POV

I woke up, light flooded into my eyes and left them stinging. I rub them with my fists and groan. I found that I was sprawled out on the floor. At first I thought I got drunk and didn't make it to the bed, but I didn't have that awful headache you get in a hangover. My throat didn't burn either. I roll over to find some more pillows and blankets.

Sighing and slowly standing up, I hear my stiff bones adjust to my movements as they cracked in a chain reaction. It was the best feeling ever. I continue to stretch, waking up my whole body. I decided to kick back today, so I casually slipped off my pajama pants and let the cool air brush against my bare legs.

"Fuck pants." I toss my sweats on the couch.

I felt my stomach rumble and I decided to tend to the matter. I walk over to the kitchen and open up the fridge. All of my drinks were still there. Hm. When I grab the gallon of milk and turn around, I bump into something. I was startled at first, I looked up and saw a man. I screamed and threw the milk jug in the air. "GAH!"

I fell backwards, covering my face with my arms.

"Cry! Cry, it's me!"

I flinch at first, but then I recognize the voice. I slowly look up. "F-Felix?"

Suddenly, last night came back to me all at once.

Oh shit. He kneels down beside me. "Dude. You're soaked." That's when I noticed I was covered in milk. My hair was down in my face and dripping with the stuff. Oh no. My whole body was covered.

"My mask!"

I shot up, slipping on the slick floor. Before I had a chance to fall forwards, Felix had wrapped his arms around me. "Careful bro." He let me go and I held my mask to my face. "My mask is ruined!"

He grabbed my wrists and pulled them back. "Hey, you can't go without that thing for a day?" I stare down at the ground. In absence, I shrug.

"I'd rather not"

He frowned at me and patted my shoulder. "Hey, go get cleaned up. I'll find a mop and clean this up." I nod softly and start to walk out of the kitchen, being cautious as to not slip again. I guess Felix had found his way to the bathroom this morning because the door was cracked open slightly. I step inside and close the door behind me.

Stepping in front of the mirror, I slowly reached up to my mask. My other hand reached to the back of my head to untie the strings. The mask fell off my head and into the hand that was holding it. I dropped it on the bathroom counter. I stare back at myself in the mirror.

I sigh, unsticking the hair from my wet forehead. And I was going to have a good cup of coffee with that milk too.

"Oh well." I say to myself, stripping myself bare. But before I threw the clothes to the floor, I pressed them to my face, closing my eyes and taking a deep inhale. They smelt like him. "Bad Ryan!" Scolding myself, I throw the clothes across the room. I start the shower up, and hop in. Instead of washing off straight away, I sit down, enjoying the lukewarm water that fell on my head with just enough pressure to where it tickled. You know the feel. I let my rest against the shower wall. Sighing as the water trailed down to run along my throat. I stare at my bathroom ceiling. I can't go without my mask. He'll see the bags under my eyes. He'll see everything. I don't know what to do. Should I show him my face? Can I trust him? I don;t know if I can. What am I saying, he's him~ I mean, I think I can trust him. I wish my mom was here, she would know what to do. A sharp pang hit my heart and I lowered my head. I watched as the cloudy water collected below me and slowly drained, leaving the bottom of the tub clean, hence the fresh water that fell from the shower head. Why did I even invite him here. I knew this was going to happen. I don't think I was thinking clearly whenever I talked about him coming here.