45: The Consequences of Dating

The plus point of dating Nathan Maverick was that Royce gets to learn more about him, stuff he didn't know before, and turns out not only their personalities were opposites, they don't have a lot in common either.

Royce preferred listening to music while Nathan dwells in the silence. Royce couldn't put together a proper sandwich to save his life but not so surprisingly Nathan's cooking skills were top tier. Royce doesn't rely on his phone. He should be the last person to call in a crisis because the chances of him picking up would be zero to nonexistent. Nathan likes the device because it helps them stay connected.

Regardless of their differences, they choose to stay with each other and hope to work on the areas where they were lacking.

But it wasn't easy, of course.

The thing about Nathan was he may seem like a cold-hearted and doesn't give a shit kind of person cause of his appearance but once you get to know how he has hidden behind all these years, anyone would be willing to risk falling for him.

Nathan was affectionate and thoughtful but ever since the Royce-being-abducted-by-the-bullies incident happened, he was wary of pretty much everything and hated leaving him alone but at the same time, he tried not to scare Royce away by overstepping his boundaries.

Royce could tell Nathan had a lot going on his mind, fingers twitching often like he needed something to hold on to and so, Royce would constantly initiate in holding his hand (they didn't realise when it became a habit) or when in public, he'd just let their pinkies touch the slightest to convey, he was still here.

Perhaps the littlest things done by Royce meant a lot to him because then Nathan would pull him in an empty corner, grab his face and kiss Royce till they were both panting and on the brink of tearing each other's clothes apart.

The kisses Royce received in return gives him the courage to send Nathan good night and I miss you messages late at night, hugging him from behind when he was least expecting, playfully sneaking his hands inside Nathan's t-shirt when they were alone, or something as simple as staring at him to his heart's content.

Nathan rarely shies away but even he couldn't prevent himself from blushing-coughing under Royce's fierce stare and most of the time those heated moments would lead them to stumble together in Nathan's room.

His brave act didn't stop there.

Royce moved frantically, pushing Nathan down to sit on the bed, and climbed on his lap, resting his shaky hands on Nathan's chest, a little bit desperate but he didn't care. He swooped down to kiss him clumsily, eyes involuntarily closing, a moan set on his tongue because kissing Nathan was something Royce liked a lot. Nathan was just as responsive, kissing him back with the same eagerness and passion, his fingers lightly stroking Royce's stomach, causing a chill to run down his spine.

Somewhere between their make-out session, Nathan flipped them over, pinning Royce below him, both of them out of breath and looking at each other with a certain desire pooling in their eyes.

"So." Royce cracked a smile, yanking him down. "Anything you want to say before we dive in?"

"Ray . . ." Nathan's lips lingered on Royce's jawline, placing faint but sloppy kisses and pecking his skin down to his throat, biting and lightly sucking, Royce's jacket half pushed down his shoulders. "Absolutely nothing compares to you."

His toes curled inwards, eyes shutting in pleasure and hands wandering all over Nathan's body, his ears were buzzing with excitement. It was too much sometimes, too much satisfaction, too many kisses, and a lot more overwhelming. To the point, Royce fears the windows of his soul are on the verge of cracking, spilling everywhere yet he encourages Nathan to keep going with his sultry groans and soft moans.

Once Nathan gets serious in bed he doesn't talk a lot except for his face, eyes, and actions are the only ones communicating his emotions, and something about the way Nathan treats him gets Royce and his mind often goes into haywire.

Royce was the most honest when things were hot and heavy between them, his head turning foggy and he started muttering things he usually wouldn't say out loud.

"Hey, Nate. You're hot as fuck and I can't believe I get to have all of you." He begins, his back arching as Nathan bit on his stomach with a hum of appreciation, going down further. "I've liked you ever since we were kids. Crazy, right? Why didn't we do these things sooner? Don't bite so hard! Where I was? Yeah, sooner. You and I could've had so much fun. Fuck."

The more he talks it becomes filthy, dirty and Nathan goes harder on him, unable to restrain himself, sweat trickling and their bodies grinding until they both come apart, messy and tired. Royce would end up hiding his face, feeling embarrassed by the show he put on, and Nathan wouldn't stop cradling him in his arms and say something like, "You're cute."

They'd fall asleep in each other's embrace.