🕷HAUNTED THREE 🕷

SELENA'S P.O.V

   My whole body steamed as I paced restlessly with a worried expression. I looked across where my daughter laid totally helpless and pale, feeling really sorry that I wasn't there for her, and miserable that I couldn't do anything about her state. Oh, Jaden. Please stay with us. Please—

  It's been three days and yet nothing. Not a muscle moved or even a finger shaken. She shouldn't be going through this...she shouldn't be going through any of it, I winced, making towards her. I caressed her face, a tear rolling down my cheeks, as I graced her forehead with a kiss I hoped will yank her up.

  "I'm so sorry, my little girl. I'm really sorry," I said to her, taking her hand in mine.

  I knew the apologies weren't going to do anything, but my heart couldn't bear the thought of losing my only daughter...my little princess.

  "You should eat something, you know." My husband spoke. "You haven't eaten anything yet and you being like this won't make the situation any better." He said, taking his hand off the door.

  The longest he's ever talked since I arrived. Seems I'm not the only one blaming myself. "You're finally talking," I gave a faint smile.

  "Didn't have a choice," He shrugged. "You know, I've been thinking," He moved closer. "Isn't it time we told Jaden the truth?" He asked.

  I felt a burning sensation in my heart, "Charlie, no -" I made to talk.

  "I'm serious. It's being sixteen years, Selene. Sixteen years, and I feel she's ready for the truth, or do you prefer we keep it from her...until when?" He questioned.

  "She's only a child. We just can't. I...I still see my little girl and I just don't know..."

  "Even I, but Selena we can't keep up with this anymore. Sooner or later, she'll find out -" He sighed, getting up. "You're right. I really hope she wakes up soon."

  "You're worried about her, aren't you?"

  "Of course. Something this great isn't just some ordinary thing she can handle alone. You and I know that."

  She drew her breath,"I know, and I know our little girl will handle whatever thing it is. I know she will..."

  JADEN

  I flung my eyes open, feeling the darkness around me. I'm trapped, I realized, trying to wriggle my body as it rubbed against a hard surface.

  A coffin, I breathed, my breath getting thinner...no air. I made to shout but was totally unable to as I laid motionless, panting real hard and sweating profusely, being enclosed.

  It felt as if my inside was on the brink of giving up, I just couldn't...couldn't breathe. I prayed silently, as I felt myself slip slowly into death's grasp as the words "don't give up" echoed in my ears.

  You're strong...you're strong, Jaden. I know you can do this...I know you can. Get up...get up. Get up!!

  The voice urged me on, though I had no idea where it came from, but I still heeded to, trying not to give up as the coffin flung open to my surprise, a hand reaching for me...

~~~~~~~~
  "Jaden? Jaden....oh my God. Oh my God. You're alive...you're alive!" Mrs Hadley's voice echoed in the background.

  "M-mum? Mum, where am I?" She winced. "My head...my head hurts so bad,"

  "Oh, don't worry, baby. You'll be fine. You'll be fine, my love." She said, embracing her, face soaked with tears. "My little baby. Oh, I thought I'd lost you so. God."