Chapter Fourteen

I wake up the next morning later than anticipated. When I look at the clock it was already nine-forty.

"Shit, Shit, Shit!" I quickly jump out of bed hurriedly grabbing my clothes from the floor. I was meant to meet my mum at ten-thirty, I don't even have time to drive back to my apartment to change clothes.

I scramble to the place I think is the bathroom behind the wall but much to my surprise it's a huge walk in closet filled with his clothes. Oh, I can smell all the cinnamon from the shirts hanging on the shelves. I wanna go smell everything but I have no time. I need to find the bathroom.

When I start walking back out through the small hallway back to his bedroom, I notice that there is another door. How did I not notice it walking in? It's a sliding kind of door and when I walk in, I finally have found what I am looking for. 

He has a huge oval shaped bathtub and a massive shower with two showerheads. Takes me a while to figure out how to turn them on, but when I do, I shower as quickly as possible drying myself and putting on yesterday's clothes.

When I'm done, I walk over to the double sinks counter with a massive mirror. Somehow the bags under my big grey eyes have disappeared. I guess sleeping in Damien's bed seemed to have done me some good.

I notice that there's a cup with two toothbrushes in it. I smile nodding my head thinking about how he was just so ahead of everything, already assuming before I made up my mind that I would stay.

I brush my teeth, bring my hair into order and walk back out into the living room. I grab my phone which is still on the table and notice that my mum has texted me, she wants to meet at Café Medina. I send her a brief text saying I'll just meet her there.

Café Medina was really close from Damien's apartment block, I'd be able to walk there, but I decide to take his car anyway, just so that I can drive back to my apartment and change out of these clothes.

When I walk into the café it is already so busy. Everything is wooden, with hanging urban lights and snippets of baby blue wallpaper. I try searching for my mum and notice she is sitting at the end near the kitchen.

When I walk up to her, she stands embracing me into a hug. Lovingly, I hug her back.

When she releases me from our hug, I take a look at her, her dyed platinum hair, cut and styled perfectly into a bob. She was wearing a beige sweater with a white blouse underneath, looking as elegant as ever.

"Hi mama."

"Hello Sweetie, how have you been? You looked like you rushed yourself this morning," she comments as she takes her seat. I take off my coat and sit opposite her.

"I slept in more than I wanted to."

"Have you been overworking? I hope you weren't doing anything too strategic last night." She raises her eyebrow at me, cocking her head.

"Mama!"

I'm always so shocked at the forwardness of my mother's comments.

"You know how I feel about babies before marriage," she says waving her hands up in the air in defence. "I just want you to be safe." She places her cold hand on mines resting on the table.

"I know, and I know."

Just then the waitress comes over to our table to take our order. She's all smiley, showing us her teeth, as she listens to my mum's order.

"I'll have some black tea and waffles."

The waitress turns her head over to me.

"Eh, I'll have the same please."