T H I R T Y

𝘐'𝘷𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘢 𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘷𝘦, 𝘦𝘯𝘫𝘰𝘺.

♥️

"Α full-body hug stimulates your nervous system while decreasing feelings of loneliness, combating fear, increasing self-esteem, defusing tension, and showing appreciation while on the other hand, cuddling relieves pain. Just as it boosts your immune system, cuddling and releasing oxytocin will decrease your pain levels. Even simple touches from someone you cuddle releases enough oxytocin to make you feel better and loved." I mumbled softly, pulled back a little to look up at Alex.

Alex hummed at me but kept a straight face, like always.

I smiled internally, with time I've started to understand him. He doesn't have to say it anymore.

Even though his face is always blank, his body is more relaxed when he's free and happy, he tends to play with his fingers unknowingly while when he's sad or angry, his body is stiffer, and he clenches his hands time and time again while biting his lips unconsciously.

"What I mean is, hugging Xander helps me feel less lonely and fearful but hugging you or cuddling you...it's different. I don't feel like this with anyone else. It feels different, and I like this difference. With you...It feels like no one can harm me, no one can hurt me, yo- you're safe. My safe." I elaborated and smiled, looking up at Alex only to find him half asleep.

"Alex?" I called him, he pulled me back to his body and started running his hands through my long hair making me sigh.

This moment felt good, the buzz running through my body felt good.

The way Alex's touches felt like small zaps of electricity running through my body.

I loved how I craved for more than he gave me, of himself, yesterday, and how I want to explore more of him, love more of him, tomorrow.

"Sleep. I'm tired today, I'll continue saving you." I smiled and wrapped my hands around Alex's stomach and hugged him tighter, ignoring the pain in my upper arm.

"Good Night, safe."

♥️

I whimpered a little in pain because of my rib and opened my eyes only to realize it was late in the morning, I looked to my right where Alex was sleeping yesterday at night only to find out that the sheets were out cold.

I sighed and moved a little and realized that pillow support wall, had been built around me in such a way that I did not end up stressing my ribs or bending in such a position that could end up stressing my back.

I tried sitting up but realized that overnight the affected area on my right rib had swollen and was paining ten times worse than it was before.

It's okay, Sierra, you can do it.

You always do it.

I closed my eyes and decided to count to three and wake up with force like I used to back in the Vega mansion.

3..

2..

1

I pushed myself hard to get up but then a hand wrapped around my shoulders softly but firmly and pushed me back onto the bed making me lie down again.

"I really don't understand what goes on in your head sometimes, what are you trying to do Sara?" Alex spoke and looked at me dead in the eyes.