S E V E N

𝘐'𝘷𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘢 𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘷𝘦, 𝘦𝘯𝘫𝘰𝘺.

♥️

"Are the fuck!ng plates clean?" Sir asked me and I nodded in reply but a second later, I felt a stinging sensation on my cheeks.

"Don't just nod your head, use your damn mouth" Sir shouted louder this time. I shivered "Y-Yes sir, I understand."

Sir then looked around the house for any mess but there was none, I cleaned it all up.

Sir was looking around, he was basically hunting for anything that could get me in trouble, he was looking for an excuse.

I internally sighed, it had been a long hard working day.

Mary was not here today, she was not well and the servants had all gone back because it was late.

12:15 to be precise.

I looked down at my shoes blankly.

DO NOT CRY!

HOLD IT IN SIERRA.

Crying is not something I like to do in front of others, it shows weakness and I like to believe I am strong.

Very strong.

This has now become a daily routine.

"Where is Sara?" sir asked me, and I immediately answered, "in her room sir, she is sleeping." 

Sir nodded and walked up the stair but just when he was about to disappear from my view he stopped "make Sara's favorite breakfast tomorrow, it is my princess's birthday and ask Mary to order a cake from the best bakery in around here." I nodded before replying "yes, sir." The moment sir was in his room I went to mine.

I checked the time and saw it was 12:45am, I smiled.

Happy Birthday, to me!

With that thought, I went to sleep only to wake up the next morning with doctors around me.

Malnutrition, my foot!

I woke up with tears streaming down my face only to realize that Sir was not around me and nor were there any doctors, but it was still my birthday.

Today.

"Happy birthday Darling, you make me so proud of yourself. You're growing up so fast but always remember I love you. There is someone here that love's you, Sierra."

I closed my eyes for a moment and tried to calm down, reminding myself of what Mary would always tell me on my birthdays.

I'm fine.

I am strong.

I murmured, repeatedly to myself, and looked out to the alarm clock.

It's 8 am!

I quickly got out of bed and headed to the bathroom to freshen up. After brushing my teeth I took a bath and washed my face putting on my contacts.

Looking up at the mirror again, I smiled.

If I would have been in the Vega house, Sir would try and keep away from me on my birthdays.

No one ever wished me other than Mary, but a day without any scoldings and beatings seemed like a gift good enough.

Not like he's around anymore.

I changed into a plain black t-shirt and put on a slip-in dress over it.